• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Associate
OP
Yes, the same issue. I posted earlier in the thread as my GTX 1080 (which I have now gone back to, I refunded the 2080Ti) had stuttering issues particularly in the Witcher 3.

The standby memory stutter bug (Microsoft claimed to fix a related bug, but it's not fixed) seems to only affect Nvidia, I have not seen a single AMD GPU user with this issue, yet Nvidia claim it's simply a Microsoft problem. If that were the case then AMD would also be affected.

By the way, I found something interesting: 3D Mark Firestrike graphics test 1 will stutter at the beginning of the test unless Nvidia Share is enabled in Geforce Experience. When you enable this all stuttering goes in this benchmark(it doesn't work for games unfortunately). I have confirmed this on 3 Intel+Nvidia+Windows 10 PCs. The only one without the problem was an AMD Ryzen 1600 + 1080 Ti which also doesn't stutter in the Witcher 3.

My solution will be to go AMD when they have something competitive if this is not fixed.
Sad to hear.

1. Is your TW3 stuttering issue absolutely the same on RTX 2080 Ti as the stuttering on 1080 Ti? Or are there any key differences/improvements with 2080 Ti?
2. What about PUBG? Some improvements with 2080 Ti?
3. Did you try Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC)
I saw a bunch of people swearing that ISLC fixed all the stuttering. I don't know is that a truth but will try later.
4. Did you try new Win10 1809 build? Any advantages over older 1803?
5. What about Win10 LTSB 1607 or LTSC 1809?

Thank you for the info!

Soldato
Sad to hear.

1. Is your TW3 stuttering issue absolutely the same on RTX 2080 Ti as the stuttering on 1080 Ti? Or are there any key differences/improvements with 2080 Ti?
2. What about PUBG? Some improvements with 2080 Ti?
3. Did you try Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC)
I saw a bunch of people swearing that ISLC fixed all the stuttering. I don't know is that a truth but will try later.
4. Did you try new Win10 1809 build? Any advantages over older 1803?
5. What about Win10 LTSB 1607 or LTSC 1809?

Thank you for the info!
1. The stuttering was actually worse on the 2080Ti in The Witcher 3
2. I don't play or own PUBG
3. I haven't tried this, clearing the standby list only helped when it was full anyway.
4. I am on 1809 now and there are no improvements.
5. I haven't tried these and don't think I should have to go so far to fix the issue, I'd rather get an AMD card instead.

Associate
OP
1. The stuttering was actually worse on the 2080Ti in The Witcher 3
2. I don't play or own PUBG
3. I haven't tried this, clearing the standby list only helped when it was full anyway.
4. I am on 1809 now and there are no improvements.
5. I haven't tried these and don't think I should have to go so far to fix the issue, I'd rather get an AMD card instead.
Dang.
I'm so disappointed about these issues on such a good HW.

1. What's your edition and DRM of TW3? Steam or GOG?
2. AFAIK, standby list gets rapidly full when running games like PUBG or Battlefield 1.
And I saw a few posts on tech forums that 16 GB RAM isn't enough to work around this Windows memory bug. And someone well know (maybe it was Wagnard (DDU developer)) said that stuttering will go after adding extra 16 GB of RAM, totally 32 GB will be enough to almost eliminate frametime spikes, as Wagnard said. But I can't imagine that 32 GB will magically fix something. I doubt so, but who knows...
3. Are there any critical bugs on 1809? Is it worth to upgrade? Also I saw some videos about increased frame rate on 1809, but again, I doubt.
4. Unfortunately, there are no one competitive AMD GPU to match even 1080 NVIDIA card.

:(

Soldato
Dang.
I'm so disappointed about these issues on such a good HW.

1. What's your edition and DRM of TW3? Steam or GOG?
2. AFAIK, standby list gets rapidly full when running games like PUBG or Battlefield 1.
And I saw a few posts on tech forums that 16 GB RAM isn't enough to work around this Windows memory bug. And someone well know (maybe it was Wagnard (DDU developer)) said that stuttering will go after adding extra 16 GB of RAM, totally 32 GB will be enough to almost eliminate frametime spikes, as Wagnard said. But I can't imagine that 32 GB will magically fix something. I doubt so, but who knows...
3. Are there any critical bugs on 1809? Is it worth to upgrade? Also I saw some videos about increased frame rate on 1809, but again, I doubt.
4. Unfortunately, there are no one competitive AMD GPU to match even 1080 NVIDIA card.

:(
1. I have both the Steam and GOG versions, there is no difference.
2. I have 32GB of RAM, but my standby list can still get full, after a big update to BF1 for example or playing many different games in one session.
3. Not as far as I know. Frame rate is around the same, maybe slightly lower in some games.
4. A Vega64 is significantly faster than a 1080 in some games such as Forza Horizon 4 and BF V. An undervolted and overclocked Vega is faster than a factory overclocked 1080 even approaching a 1080 Ti in some games. However, it is pretty much a side grade from a 1080 overall. Maybe next year AMD will have something great for us.

Back
Top Bottom