What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
Mortal engines 7/10

Fascinating world that I would rather have had half the films back story about than running about leaping onto giant things on a green screen.

I get its aimed at young teens, but why do they all have to be so cliche and have punchable faces?

Still it's ok. Great visual concepts ruined by a barely basic predictable story.

Chris Stuckman commented that this feels like the final act in a trilogy. There seems to be a massive black hole missing and thus you are not engaged, invested and don't care about the characters.

You can easily have an entire prequel on the terminator guy, how the guy in him turned out that way, what happened to him after the 60min war etc.

Soldato
Bumblebee - 5/10

It was OK but I found it quite boring generally, the pacing was a bit off and really slow in places too, there were too many times where B had to hide and do other things such as decide what music he liked. That being said it was better and more grounded than the last four Transformer movies.

I actually wanted to see Spiderman but missed the time slot :(

Soldato
Into the spiderverse - 9/10. Best Spiderman movie to date.

I went into it very skeptically and came out a convert. I really enjoyed the way they played with the comic book style and thought that the animation was incredible. I hope to see more marvel films in this style for sure.

Soldato
The Healer - wife picked this. Struggled to stay awake. Could see the end coming a mile off. But then again, not my kind of movie. Wife liked it though.

Lost in Translation - how had I never seen this before? Scarlett Johansson being in my top 5 and she was 17/18 when this was filmed so there is that to consider. Plus Bill Murray!

We both really enjoyed it. It was so subtle in so many ways. And so incredible how these two strangers found so much comfort in each other because of what's missing in their own lives. Fantastic. Will rewatch this at some point as I'm sure there are plenty of small things I missed :)
Lost in translation is I've of my favourite films ever. I even have the poster on a wall!

I love a ridiculously melancholic film.

Caporegime
First time back to back cinema time with my son and myself.

Aquaman first. Decent enough and while not quite as good as Wonder Woman it looked great. 6/10.

Then Spider-Man Into the spider verse. It was awesome. The animation and the things they did with the ‘camera’ work were superb. It looked fantastic and as someone who doesn’t follow Spider-Man comics it didn’t dwell on each character too much, Miles stayed as the centre piece. As above, possibly the best Spider-Man movie so far. And yes, I had major crush on Gwen Stacy Spiderwoman.

Caporegime
I re-watched Creed on Sunday night and then went to see Creed II last night.

It was just as good IMO, whereas a lot of the reviews seem to be a bit down on it. They were saying Tessa Thompson was wasted/hardly in it, but I think she got more screen time than the first movie...

There were some surprising cameos, and though some parts were quite obvious
Did anyone seriously expect Creed to beat Drago only half-way through the movie?
it was a nice continuation of both the Creed and Rocky story's.

Man of Honour
Fantastic Beasts COG

I'm a bit torn. I reckon it is an 8/10 for me but kind of need to rewatch to know if that is going to increase to a 9 or be dragged down to a 7. Both this and the first film have felt like they are busy setting up the next in the series which I never like to notice too actively.

Associate
large_nAoEP5QJtC2sgVOKJQdQ9Y7VqWJ.jpg

AND

MV5BMTkyNzg1OTMyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzgzOTE4OQ@@._V1_.jpg

Associate
The Night Comes For Us - 8.5/10

If Leon, John Wick and The Raid Redemption had a baby this would be it. It's bonkers action but I really enjoyed it. The story is a little thin but my word, what an action packed film.

Back
Top Bottom