Battlefield V

Associate
Hate the new TTK update, feels so spongey now shooting folk and it's really ruined some of the weapon balance. I've been playing conquest core but by far my favourite mode is frontlines so been missing that mode.

Decisions Dice are making are ridiculous. Just go back to the original TTK fix the bugs and stop this two different TTK playlist nonsense.

Soldato
Agree with thoughts above regarding the TTK update. The reasoning they gave behind the change is ludicrous, they are seriously going to push away and alienate the core followers of the game.

Soldato
What did they do with TTK? is similar to BF1? I was considering getting BFV but every thing i read about is telling me to hold out.

Associate
I'd say TTK feels longer than BF1 now, prior to them lengthening the TTK the gunplay felt excellent and I overall was really enjoying the game despite some irritating bugs.

Dice are apparently patching in the faster TTK into all game modes soon. Issue is that it will now divide the player base between two TTK modes. It's just needlessly confusing especially for new players.

It's really frustrating as I think the game has a lot of potential. Might be worth waiting a month or so until this mess is sorted out.

Soldato
Ok I've completed all the challenges and got all the letters on Last Tiger but when I go back to the main menu it says I haven't. However if I load up one of the acts again it says everything completed. So there's no way for me to get the Tiger skin unlock. :mad:

Did you manage to fix this? I've had the same on Nordlys.

The medal says I have one challenge left to do. The SP main menu in the top left says I'm missing a letter but the letters section says I have all of them. When I start the Story it says everything is complete.

Associate
Did you manage to fix this? I've had the same on Nordlys.

The medal says I have one challenge left to do. The SP main menu in the top left says I'm missing a letter but the letters section says I have all of them. When I start the Story it says everything is complete.

Only fix is deleting your save game I believe.

Soldato
I'm so torn on this game now. I was a HUGE BF4 fan, thought BF1 was OK but never really gelled with it in the same way I did with BF4. Watching the trailer for this I was ready to hit buy but then I read some reviews and it sounds like its a work in progress with no real ETA on when it is going to be playable.

Is this real or blown out of proportion? I'd love to grab a copy while it is £30 but equally I don't want to get into it if its going to be a let down.

Associate
£30 is a really good price, wish this deal was available last week or so when I got the deluxe version, whatever that is supposed to include extra for £40. I didnt want physical media. Im preferring this to bf1. I guess I can be described as a casual player. I didnt really know how squads worked until this version despite playing it since bf3. Very squad focused. Cant wait till my mates have it so we can play properly now rather than with internet randomers.

EDIT actually its not true i didnt know how squads worked and orders etc. I just dont see there was a benefit to them in bf1, whereas the squad points can be used in bf5 for v1 rocket strikes & stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm so torn on this game now. I was a HUGE BF4 fan, thought BF1 was OK but never really gelled with it in the same way I did with BF4. Watching the trailer for this I was ready to hit buy but then I read some reviews and it sounds like its a work in progress with no real ETA on when it is going to be playable.

Is this real or blown out of proportion? I'd love to grab a copy while it is £30 but equally I don't want to get into it if its going to be a let down.

I prefer it to BF1, although the maps are pretty lame in this, only 1-2 maps that are decent. For £30 it's worth it.

I like the TTK in this as well, BF1 felt very noob friendly with its spongy targets.

Associate
I quite enjoy all the little challenges for unlocking the guns but im finding the tracking of them nothing short of terrible. 3 hours of grand operations before it registered that i played a round.

Soldato
The stats tracking for assignments is super glitched. I missed out on the Tides of War helmet because it wasn't registering the V1 kills but on the flip I 'completed' one of my Gewher43 mastery challenges even though I was only half way through it.

The assignments should all be unlocked and tracking all the time, it should simply be a case of looking what is left to do rather than picking what to focus on.

Caporegime
I think there’s a hidden part of the assignments that is cumulative rather than round based. If that’s the case though why not just show it in the assignment...

TOW was super glitched from the very first objective on week 1. I did manage to get all the items but they should give them to everyone as there are many that missed out because the game is buggy as ****.

Soldato
The one i was on for the G43 was 10 headshots defending objective in a life or 20 of the same in a round. I had only got to 11/12 over the entire round and it ticked it'self off. I wasn't complaining as it was doing my head in ha! I think they have changed some of them now though as I've not seen one like that now.

They should just give them to everyone. They should try and do like a community based on where the entire community has to do X kills or win X rounds in a certain mode.

Caporegime
The one i was on for the G43 was 10 headshots defending objective in a life or 20 of the same in a round. I had only got to 11/12 over the entire round and it ticked it'self off. I wasn't complaining as it was doing my head in ha! I think they have changed some of them now though as I've not seen one like that now.

They should just give them to everyone. They should try and do like a community based on where the entire community has to do X kills or win X rounds in a certain mode.

All the semi auto mastery 6/7 (final one) are the same. I got the 1-5 one legit with 10 defending objective HS in a life but I got the G43 one the same way you did, I definitely didn’t get 20 in a round or 10 in a life.

The shotgun one is the best, it’s 4 kills on an objective in a life and I didn’t do that either, I just got 4 kills in a life not on an objective.

Ultimately the assignments are a bit of a mess, incorrect/hidden objectives and some of the actual objectives are ridiculously difficult. I think that’s probably why the hidden cumulative option is there.

Funnily when the game first released the single player kills we’re counting towards objectives so some people did all their gun assignments on single player :p

Soldato
I'm someone who despite loving bf1, held off on buying BFV for a while. I had to bite at 29.99 though (ps4) and I have to say, I think it's very good. The gunplay really does feel excellent and the ttk is great (I'd been playing a lot of blackout where the ttk is really long!). I'm hoping for new content soon though and am defintely getting on some BFV discords to find people to squad up with as there's very limited team play to be had with randoms

Back
Top Bottom