Would you swap ?

Associate
Hello people

A bit of a dilemma.

I currently have the EK A240R + 360mm + upgraded pump installed.
But at the time i was a bit scarce on the money :( .

Now i have the money to go full copper/brass/nickel would it be worth it to swap the above out for a more mainstream water cooling loop?

Temps on the system lets say after around 2hrs Black ops 4 on 1440p high to max settings.
GFX - around 52c
Cpu - 58c

I have a vega 64 undervolted, 8700k delidded, aorus gaming 7, in a view 71 case.

any info more than welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
For temps, I wouldn't bother, for looks or the fun of doing it then yes.

Thanks Robzere31 much appreciated.
I did enjoy doing my current build and yes after adding the upgraded pump and 360mm rad it prolly would have come out roughly the same price for a normal watercooling loop.
but i feel as though i am limited in what i can/want todo as in add other stuff in to the loop.

Soldato
Thanks Robzere31 much appreciated.
I did enjoy doing my current build and yes after adding the upgraded pump and 360mm rad it prolly would have come out roughly the same price for a normal watercooling loop.
but i feel as though i am limited in what i can/want todo as in add other stuff in to the loop.

Only a call you can male fella. I built my current loop all from used parts, I saved an absolute fortune.

I don’t see the point of having a loop with less than CPU and GPU. But if you have that, anything else you add is really for fun or aesthetics, as long as you are able to monitor water temperature, it’s all good. Even a res, drain port, fill port etc is a luxury rather than a necessity.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice.

With using the Fluid Gaming kit you are basically locked in to only using there product.
I knew that at the time of buying but was my first custom loop so thought it will be ok, Now i have added another rad and upgraded pump i quite enjoyed messing/building it.

With a more mainstream custom loop i can add/remove parts to new ones that i like. (if that makes any sense).

Thanks
Lance

Soldato
Thanks for the advice.

With using the Fluid Gaming kit you are basically locked in to only using there product.
I knew that at the time of buying but was my first custom loop so thought it will be ok, Now i have added another rad and upgraded pump i quite enjoyed messing/building it.

With a more mainstream custom loop i can add/remove parts to new ones that i like. (if that makes any sense).

Thanks
Lance

It makes complete sense. The reason most of us watercool is for that exact reason. Plus OC, temps and silence.

Associate
OP
Thanks people much appreciated.

I don't know if any of you lot know if there is any liquid is on the market i.e like vue or the ek solid that works with aluminium loops?

Thanks

Associate
tbh mate now you have thought about it you wont settle until you have done it. i know i wouldnt.

if you plan on removing parts rather frequently some quick releases could be good. i havent seen any that go well in any builds yet that are rated well. people usually use the grey and white ones you see on EKWB semi custom parts.

Associate
OP
Thanks people all information taken in i think :)

Ok had a looksy on the net for a new loop and this is what i have come up with so far.

Kryos Next w/ Vision - cpu block
Blackice GTX 360 - 2x radiators
Heatkiller 4 - Vega 64 block
EK D5 pump/res combo
Bitspower fittings.

comes in around £699, IS that a decent list? as my first build was all fluid gaming.

Thanks
Lance

Associate
OP
Ok saved some money on the fittings and went with XSPC fittings which after scouring the internet saved around £90 instead of getting the bitspower fittings.
Also the Black Ice GTX360 got for £59.99.

So now it waiting time for the bits to arrive, Had to order the CPU + GFX blocks from europe rest i sourced in the UK.

I also went with soft tubing as i have a few meters left but will intend to go down the hard tube route later in the year.

So looking forward to building it :)

Associate
OP
**Update**

Ok all blocks radiators and fittings arrived :) .

The only thing that has not arrived is the bloody stop plug for the draining system :( and that is coming from the UK ordered at the same time as the cpu + gpu block which was from Germany.

I might start the build boxing day but dunno if to wait till the plug arrives.

Back
Top Bottom