The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Caporegime
Out of curiosity, I had a look at some My Hero Acadamia dubbed videos... big mistake!

The English voices are so bad, and a far cry from what the Japanese VAs manage.

All Might was just about passable, and Bakugo actually sounded cool, but all the other characters lose their essence in English, Eraser, Midoriya and the Mic guy from the tournament all sound so generic it hurts.

Sub fo life! Even if that makes me a weeb. :p

Soldato
Whilst I had three shipment notifications over several days they all came from ATA in a single order which didn't come for quite a significant time after the last notification (so much so I was wondering if it was lost). To be honest at this point it would be easier for me if they just waited to the new year for both of them

Commissario
OP
I've had a couple of shipments form Anime-on-line arrive today and notification of an order from the 8th day of their sale shipping:)

So far none of my ATA orders have shipped, although they did say it would likely be 7-14 days between ordering and shipping, so it looks like I'm going to get a deluge of orders probably after Christmas and into the first/second week of January, which would be mildly annoying if I was desperate for anything, but I've got so much to watch that I'm sort of dreading the backlog buildup:p (I've still got Fireworks to watch from it's release, Harmony from months ago, ditto for In this corner of the world, and I found Love Election & Chocolate and Kill me Baby from last year).

Commissario
OP
Just received an email from ATA, it turns out they were using a different distribution centre to normal to try and deal with the order numbers better, and it sounds like the distribution people have messed up.

Good evening.

I hope all is well.

You're receiving this message as you placed an order during our recent AllTheAnime.com 12 Days of Christmas sales. This is email is to provide an general overview update on where things stand with orders currently, though we appreciate many of you reading may have received your orders.

First of all before going any further on behalf of everyone at All The Anime / Anime Ltd. we want to profusely apologise for the delay in receiving what you ordered.

We want to make sure we give context for what has happened, what we've done (and continuing to do) to try and rectify this, and what the current standing of things are.

This is going to be a long message, but we want to make sure we as clear and transparent as we can be on the situation.

What's happened -
To give full context (and in case you're not aware), we contracted a distribution centre - different to who normally fulfils orders for us, so as to cope with demand - to handle the fulfilment of all orders during this busy period in a timely manner.

Although thousands of orders have been fulfilled, the distribution centre finally made us aware earlier this week that there will still many orders unfulfilled despite claiming that software issues that had caused delays in shipping initially were fixed, that all was in hand and ultimately not alerting us to the situation despite us raising many concerns about the status of fulfilment for well over a week prior to that.

Needless to say we're incredibly frustrated and unhappy with the poor service of the distribution centre at this critical period, and we're even more unhappy that this poor service has been passed on to our customers.

Though in the grand scheme of things we are a small company, the quality of service we provide is something we take pride in. It's something we have built for our AllTheAnime.com online store over the years and it's not at all fair that your experience ordering from us has been impacted in this way.

Since then for the past 48 hours we've been working with the distribution centre to ensure that any outstanding issues are resolved, and to try and get visibility on where things currently stand so we can accurately update all our customers being impacted by this. We have finally been granted the information we've been requesting, hence why you're receiving this message now.

Where do things currently stand:
Now that we have this information we've been requesting, as we mentioned earlier thousands of orders have been fulfilled.

At time of writing around 1000 orders have already been shipped to customers, while there are over 2400 orders currently being prepared for shipping, with the plan being (all going well) for the majority if not all of those to be dispatched tonight (Friday 21st December) via the TNT courier service.

Whether these orders will be able to arrive in time for Christmas at this late stage is something we simply cannot answer I'm afraid - although a significant portion of these orders should arrive with customers on Monday, obviously this being Christmas Eve means we can't make any guarantees of these orders arriving in time for Christmas itself.

Beyond this batch of orders, we have been told the remaining orders will be picked and packed for shipping over the coming days with the goal being to have all of those being dispatched across the 27th and 28th of December when courier services resume after Christmas.

Though we've been assured that all of the remaining orders are going to be shipped as fast as humanly possible, I'm sure you can understand given what we've said above why we're not taking that completely at face value.

How do I find out the status of my order(s)?
We know a lot of you have contacted us since midnight this morning (Friday 21st December) asking for an update. We are responding to all of these queries as fast as possible as we're sending this and will continue to do throughout tonight and tomorrow as needed.

If you would like to get the latest update on your order(s), please respond to this email providing us the order numbers in question and we'll update you as soon possible.

Can I cancel my order?
Yes. We understand that what you ordered may have been intended to be a gift for Christmas, or simply put it won't arrive in time for you. We're more than happy to accommodate any cancellation requests.

To do this please respond to this email with the order number(s) in question and we can do that for you.

I will add it's entirely possible that due to the processes of the distribution centre your order my still get shipped, but we can discuss returns and such separately should that occur.

A final word:
Once again on behalf of everyone at All The Anime / Anime Ltd., we offer our deepest and sincerest apologies for this.

Despite our planning of utilising a distribution centre that's meant be well equipped in dealing with the demand of orders we received over the sale period at our site, we have been let down tremendously by their service.

We know this doesn't change the fact this has impacted you, but please know we have been and are continuing to do everything in our power to get this rectified as timely as possible.

We're truly grateful for your custom, support and understanding at this time, and please rest assured that we share your frustrations and will be doing our utmost to ensure that this kind of situation is never repeated, even during a busy period such as this one.

Kind regards,

Jeremy Graves
Marketing Executive, All The Anime / Anime Ltd.

Soldato
Yeah, I get the feeling that really using a different company like this is just asking for trouble. Probably been better if they had said things from this day will ship around this date and spread things out so their normal processes would work.

I've had multiple shipments from anime-on-line with more shipped todsy. From ATA I had one shipment so far which was non-preorder things from the first few days ... But although that was one package I had three separate shipment notifications and then it took over 2 weeks to arrive. I'd sxpexp that from Japan direct ... Not from in the UK. If you need to ship after Christmas then fine but tell me and when you say you have shipped get tthe package to me in a reasonable time.

Commissario
OP
Had another couple of orders from mvm arrive this morning:)

So I've had about half my orders from them now (8 out of 16 items), but none from ATA.
I suspect given the email from ATA I'll probably get a bunch of orders from them arrive within a couple of days either Christmas Eve, or more likely just before new years.

I started watching Love Live last night as I had to go to bed early due to a bad back*, and ended up watching about four episodes and thoroughly enjoyed it.

*Somehow I pulled it the other day, as near as I can tell in my sleep:rolleyes::mad:

Commissario
OP
Watched some more Love Live last night and I'm really enjoying it, it's silly and lighthearted fun:)

I also just had a package through from ATA via TNT which I think is of the mystery boxes going by the "purchase order", although I'm not sure if it's Production or Marketing.

The contents are
Noin Collectors edition
Erased Collectors edition part 1
Black Butler season 3 collectors edition
Princess Arete Collections edition
Ajin Season 1 collectors edition

of which I've got Noein, been meaning to pick up Arete and Ajin for a while, and was probably going to pick up Erased and BB at some point.

Soldato
Yeah I received the same box yesterday, it was delivered to a neighbour before Christmas but I've been away. Had various other packages from MVM but nothing else from ATA. Funnily one of the MVM packages had a note in it I fixating their had been a picking error at the distributor and hence one of the titles would have to follow in the new year ....

Commissario
OP
Hopefully I'll receive the other mystery box next week along with the rest of the ATA orders:p
It sounds like they may have got one lot of the mystery bundles out but not the other as we both ordered both sets from memory.

Rather annoyingly my TV started playing up Chrismas day, at first I thought the TV was totally gone as all I seemed to be getting was flashes of a offset ghost image, but it turns out it's "just" the OSD side of things that has decided to start dying and the TV had set itself to an unused input. I suspect it's something like a capacitor on the OSD control board as after the TV has been on for 15 minutes the OSD sometimes comes back (or at least shows as a partial flickering image).
So I'm looking for a new TV, but hoping this one doesn't die totally this month:)
I was surprised to see a 43 4k HDR panny was only about £550, I paid more than that for my current 32" 1080 one back in '08 (and it's done something like 20k hours of use).

Commissario
OP
Watched Your Name for the 3rd time, still fantastic
I really want to get round to watching both Your Name and Silent voice again some time soon, but so much stuff to watch:p (I found two series I bought in the 2017 ATA/MVM sales I haven't watched, and so many series on their way).

I just finished Love Live seasons 1 and 2, and really enjoyed them (should I really be saying that on here?), it's one of those anime that had me smiling away for much of it, and the songs were oddly catchy/enjoyable.

Soldato
The concert version of Your Name is well worth a watch if you like the music from the film. Radwimps and a full orchestra playing all the music from the film with the film playing on a big screen behind them. When the emergency alarm winds up it gives me chills (in a good way) ....

Commissario
OP
I'll probably see if I can find that concert version:)

I just had an email from MVM saying they've "completed" (so hopefully shipped) one of my orders from the 17th, nothing from ATA though yet, but hopefully they'll start arriving next week.

Back
Top Bottom