Mourinho Sacked! Solskjær new interim manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

And

And

Associate
Not sure about RM being the best team of the past ten years. 3 CLs in succession is somewhat enviable though and you're forgetting a La Liga title and various cups. Zidane is the sort of manager United should be going for.

Zidane has 0 experience outside of winning the CL with easily the best team of the past 10 years. There is no reason to think he is capable of coaching a team in dire need of direction or that he can build a squad in a competitive league. He would also cost a huge amount.

Don
Not sure what to think. On one hand it's always great to see Mourinho sacked and the fact that he's been sacked following a defeat to Liverpool makes it even sweeter but on the other hand it was fun watching his meltdown. They could have waited a couple more weeks to spread some more Christmas joy for us all.

On a serious note though, while a few of our Mancs are rejoicing they need to remember that the man that sacked him is also the one that appointed him and oversaw the failed appointments of LVG and Moyes. Sacking Mourinho was easy, finding the right replacement is the hard part and unless something has changed at the top of the club then it's hard to have much confidence in them getting it right.

fez

fez

Caporegime
On a serious note though, while a few of our Mancs are rejoicing they need to remember that the man that sacked him is also the one that appointed him and oversaw the failed appointments of LVG and Moyes. Sacking Mourinho was easy, finding the right replacement is the hard part and unless something has changed at the top of the club then it's hard to have much confidence in them getting it right.

Moyes was by all accounts Fergusons choice. LvG wasn't necessarily a bad choice at the time but his style of football proved ultimately ineffective in the pursuit of trophies. Mourinho again made a reasonable amount of sense as he was a big personality and had won everything and would command the respect of the players. There is always the lure of a manager who brings success but also is hard to work with. Woodwards ego will have loved the idea that United and him were the ones that turned Mourinho into a one club manager.

I really hope we get it right and I think the sacking of Mourinho has shown that we are finally dropping this stupid idea that we are Man Utd and we don't sack underperforming managers. You stick with a manager who is improving when results aren't what you want. You don't stick with a manager who is regressing and destroying the team and the clubs support base.

I reckon Blanc until the end of the season and we will try to steal Poch but I'm not sure it will happen.

Man of Honour
I am so happy about this. :D Mourinho has ruined football for us fans, the absolute tool.

Before he was mentioned I thought of Blanc, a level headed presence with decent experience (even if he’s not the best manager ever).

fez

fez

Caporegime
Reading Redcafe and there are so idiots on there.

Such gems as:

Our philosophy should be to WIN trophies, Zidane has proven beyond any doubt he is excellent at doing just that.

I'm sure thats how Pep convinced City to hire him. Didn't explain the type of football he wanted to play or the systems he wanted to put in place for the future or how he intended to get there. Just said "my philiosophy is to win trophies".

This is after a manager (Mourinho) whos only positive trait is that he usually wins your trophies before imploding. Some fans have a sub-mollusc level IQ I swear.

Soldato
So Mourinho achieved his greatest success again, getting a multi million pound payout for being an absolute failure.

Gotta hand it to the man (and Utd for hiring him and giving him an extended contract), he is really good at this aspect of football.

And he'll already be scouring the football world for the next set of mugs to con.

Caporegime
So Mourinho achieved his greatest success again, getting a multi million pound payout for being an absolute failure.

Gotta hand it to the man (and Utd for hiring him and giving him an extended contract), he is really good at this aspect of football.

And he'll already be scouring the football world for the next set of mugs to con.
Apparently, Inter want him back.

Caporegime
Martin O'Neill with Roy Keane as assistant? or possibly Keane as the main man?

Perhaps I am an idiot, but its something that I have never understood. He gets sacked for not being good enough at his job, but gets a £22m payout. No job that I have ever worked at would ever have paid me a penny for sacking me for not being good enough at my job.

are you contracted to do x job for y years for z wage?

Caporegime
34yzkh0.jpg

Salty :D

Soldato
Good news that he's been sacked, I think the timing of the sacking is probably due to the January transfer window. If they'd already decided to sack him then they weren't going to give him any money in January and probably didn't want to have to deal with his whining when he didn't get any money to spend. Blanc would be a good caretaker manager until the end of the season, then it will be interesting to see who United get in the summer.

Man of Honour
Gary Neville saying the club has to go all out for Poch when possible.

There's a debate show with Neville on Sky Sports tonight at 10pm for anyone interested.

It's a bit sad that since SAF left it seems like I've spent more time wanting our managers sacked than enjoying the football. But I don't think I or the fanbase have been particularly unreasonable. You can't honestly say that Moyes, LvG or Mourinho were good appointments or did a good job worthy of keeping the position. It doesn't take years to implement your philosophy, whatever that may be.

Soldato
Not sure what to think. On one hand it's always great to see Mourinho sacked and the fact that he's been sacked following a defeat to Liverpool makes it even sweeter but on the other hand it was fun watching his meltdown. They could have waited a couple more weeks to spread some more Christmas joy for us all.

This

Always great to see the so called special one sacked :p

But surely United will only improve now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom