Xbox One X

Associate
Got a one X coming. What do I need to do to access save points for games on existing xbox one?

Just play the game, will check cloud for save and automatically download it.

Same for 360 games.

Makes life really easy to swap between pc, xbox in living room and bedroom, my saves always updated and ready

Associate
I just asked Microsoft how long the warranty is in the UK and they told me 1 year.

Now when checking my devices I have 2 Xbox one s both on a 2 year warranty, 1 Xbox one s already out since I bought it summer 2017 and 1 Year on a XBox one X.

Confusing to say the least.

Caporegime
What you guys maks of this two main SKU upgrade we are heading about? One to replace the S and one the X.

I'm not sure I like the idea of that because it means devs will always have to cater for the low-powered model. Then again, if the difference is simply the "S2" plays the games at 1080p and the "X2" plays them at 4K60, then it's OK.

Soldato
I'm not sure I like the idea of that because it means devs will always have to cater for the low-powered model. Then again, if the difference is simply the "S2" plays the games at 1080p and the "X2" plays them at 4K60, then it's OK.

Hmm good point, probs won't be that simple though. I feel like they should just drop the S, make the X cheaper to make and make a new upgraded SKU.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really itching to get an XBOX One X, but feel maybe it's a waste of money considering 1: I want it for RD2 in 4k/HDR (XBOX One I have but know it's 860p yuk!) and have a PS4 I'm thinking of selling due to that not running at 4k) and 2, how long will an Xbox One X last? Another year?

Soldato
I'm really itching to get an XBOX One X, but feel maybe it's a waste of money considering 1: I want it for RD2 in 4k/HDR (XBOX One I have but know it's 860p yuk!) and have a PS4 I'm thinking of selling due to that not running at 4k) and 2, how long will an Xbox One X last? Another year?
Supposedly another 2 if the 2020 rumours for the next iteration are true.

Associate
Regards RDR2 The hdr is utter crap. Biggest disappointment for me gaming wise of the year.

I was envious of the Xbox X owners until I realised the hdr is the same fake garbage as that on PS4. Tragedy considering how good it would look with proper hdr. It just raises the black levels.

HDR is far more impactful than res boost in my experience. Obviously a proper hdr tv is required.

Soldato
I almost bought a One x a few mornings ago for £360 with forza games,, rdr2 and gears of War ultimate.

The trouble is that while I pondered over it I realised that beyond Rdr2 there are no games that I particularly want. It's frustrating as it looks a great bit of hardware.

The lack of decent exclusives is really showing though. Sony has far more epic games. Yet I still haven't bought a ps4 either due to me feeling its a steep price for lesser hardware.

Associate
Certainly hope so! Can you play 4K HDR blue rays on Xbox One X with full quality you'd expect?

I don't have a normal 4K to compare against quality but can't complain with what I saw. Worth being aware some UHD blu-rays such as Marvel require trickery to work. Initially it may appear unreadable or the app might lag but restarting by holding the power button on the console works (sometimes gotta give it more than one restart cycle).

Soldato
I might get a movie and give it a try! I have to say, console looks smart, very small, very good build quality, silent and the disk drive doesn't make much noise, very fast and responsive. I played RDR2 with HDR, will have to try it with it off as it's supposed to be broke but looked quite good to me set at "300" calibration settings. I think I won't plug my laptop much anymore for 4k action. I think reasonably to be able to simply plug a PC into a 4K tv and play at 4K with HDR you need a GTX2080Ti full stop, or face messing with settings, the Xbox One X "Just Works" looks stunning, very pleased so far!

Soldato
Certainly hope so! Can you play 4K HDR blue rays on Xbox One X with full quality you'd expect?
play fine, never had any problems. Just make sure you have set your display and sound settings to match your system.

I highly recommend getting a Game pass sub, you should have a free month with the console. A 12m sub is currently £48 on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom