What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Finally booked in to change the front tyres on my car. I picked it up a week ago and noticed it had mismatched winter tyres on the front (Semperit and Fulda tyres, neither of which I've ever heard of) and normal Goodyears on the rear. I'm not really sure having winters and regulars on a car is a particularly good idea so I'm ditching the winters to go with 4 Goodyears.

Caporegime
Replaced the front wheel bearings/hubs on the MXEunosMiata5Roadster, only to discover that despite the whack up a curb, they weren't the cause of my bearing noise... Still, only took 20 minutes a side.

So its either the back ones, the diff, or something to do with the wheels... Will swap the wheels first, then do the diff oil, then if theres still the noise, will have to tackle the rear bearings which are more of a PITA. Boooo!

Soldato
I bought 4 new tyres, the PZeros the car had were too deathly even in the wet. So, I've done the sensible thing and gone with some different summer tyres! PS4S's are to be fitted although they have much much much improved wet performance. Not sure what to do with half decent PZeros to be honest :p

Associate
WEPR manifold kit arrived (this thing is a piece of artwork) complete with external wastegate and yobbo pipe. Also picked up a genuine TD04L with 30K miles on it which I welded the wastegate shut on and rotated to fit my pipework.
tPQ10OJ.jpg
1RmiiTP.jpg
seghJYX.jpg

Caporegime
I bought 4 new tyres, the PZeros the car had were too deathly even in the wet. So, I've done the sensible thing and gone with some different summer tyres! PS4S's are to be fitted although they have much much much improved wet performance. Not sure what to do with half decent PZeros to be honest :p

I found pzeros to be woeful in the past however the 981 has some on and they're fantastic. I don't know if the porsche specific ones have something in the compound but they are like a different brand. Don't blame you for ditching them at all though.

Caporegime
Is the 981 AWD? If so Id wager that helps. Plus it's probably got much wider tyres, and will have cleverer assists and better chassis dynamics etc. I bet if you put some PS4S' on or something it will still be much better even if its good now.

Man of Honour
Is the 981 AWD? If so Id wager that helps. Plus it's probably got much wider tyres, and will have cleverer assists and better chassis dynamics etc. I bet if you put some PS4S' on or something it will still be much better even if its good now.

They don't do an AWD Boxster.

Soldato
I found pzeros to be woeful in the past however the 981 has some on and they're fantastic. I don't know if the porsche specific ones have something in the compound but they are like a different brand. Don't blame you for ditching them at all though.
My PZeros are the HN ones developed for the i30N only, much like Porsche specific ones.

They're still **** :D

I had them on my Abarth in the past, in March they slipped down a hill on snow... lol

Back
Top Bottom