• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Just installed the latest drivers, and had a play around. Im running a EKWB cooled reference Vega56 with a Vega64 bios (for faster 945mhz 1.35volt HBM support).

Auto undervolt GPU, it did nothing.

Auto overclock GPU setting on my GPU and it killed my PC. . The only way to get it to boot to windows safemode was to flip the bios switch to the Vega56 low powered bios and do driver cleaner.

Auto memory overclock im scared to touch! lol

I guess i know my card limits (1692/1190) so should leave auto well alone.

Just don't bother with the auto functions.
Set the card were you want manually and let it be.

Soldato
It's rather annoying that I get the stupid "installer pops up on every reboot" bug and "WattMan settings reset on every reboot" bug now. I didn't have either of those before upgrading to 18.12.2 and then downgrading back to 18.11.2. :/

Soldato
My bug of "PCI bus has been updated and system needs to restart" has disappeared, but I've got back the pop-up on every boot saying that my "hardware has changed, system needs to be restarted" that comes from AMD external events utility.

Associate
It's rather annoying that I get the stupid "installer pops up on every reboot" ...

If you are still getting this issue the way I fixed mine was upgrade again to 18.12.2 via the built-in AMD Radeon application when it pops up, then uninstall AMD radeon driver via Windows control panel -> uninstall a program, then I installed 18.12.1.1.

I think my issue was because I tried to remove 18.12.2 using DDU 18.0.0.5 and its probably not fully compatible need to wait for the tool to be updated.

Since I have an AMD X370 motherboard I also downloaded and installed the latest AMD chipset drivers.

Permabanned
Associate
Has anyone gotten the advertised 21:9 VSR to work ?

Doesn't work on our Vega 64's with their native 3440x1440 UW, though the option is there for my secondary 2560x1440 monitor. nor does it work on the old 295X2 which has a 2560x1080 UW screen. I'll have to try that monitor on the Vega some time ... the 295X2 is probably way too old to do that resolution of VSR.

Associate
deffo works for me at 2560x1080 on vega even tested them both. :)
One of the chaps here said he can get 4kUW & 5kUW on his 2560x1080 monitor so why 1440UW & 1600UW can't be supported is beyond me, I wonder if he can also get 3440x1440 or 3840x1600?
that was me and no only 4k and 5k sw available at 1080 superwide. i imagine they will be added later and its a bit of rushed released and someone forgot about 1440 suprwide. :)

Caporegime
Doesn't work on our Vega 64's with their native 3440x1440 UW, though the option is there for my secondary 2560x1440 monitor. nor does it work on the old 295X2 which has a 2560x1080 UW screen. I'll have to try that monitor on the Vega some time ... the 295X2 is probably way too old to do that resolution of VSR.

As the VSR is Vega only, so far. :)

Soldato

Yeah it's a shame it's only for 2560x1080, You'd think after Nvidia released their version, DSR, 4 years ago and have been routinely updating it since that AMD would stop sitting on their thumbs and implement VSR for as many resolutions as possible.

Permabanned
deffo works for me at 2560x1080 on vega even tested them both. :)

that was me and no only 4k and 5k sw available at 1080 superwide. i imagine they will be added later and its a bit of rushed released and someone forgot about 1440 suprwide. :)

I couldn't recall who it was as I'm terrible with anything memory related, sorry.:rolleyes: What are the actual numbers you're getting for 4 & 5 kUW?

Associate
I couldn't recall who it was as I'm terrible with anything memory related, sorry.:rolleyes: What are the actual numbers you're getting for 4 & 5 kUW?
no worries mate, im the same 3840 x 1620 and 5120 x 2160

edit: for some reason the forum messed up my image and when upon removing the link, it was removed in the editor but still showing on the page even after a cache clear.. strange

edit 2: hopefully fixed..

Last edited:
Associate
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3 Highlights
Fixed Issues
  • Fan speed gauge in Radeon WattMan may sometimes overfill.
  • Memory clocks on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may become locked at 800Mhz.
  • Game profiles with custom fan settings may sometimes remain even after closing a game.
  • The game streaming tab may be missing in Radeon Settings when Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition is installed twice on a system.
  • Radeon ReLive for VR may experience minor corruption for a few seconds immediately after connecting a headset.
  • Auto tuning controls are not displaying their warning message in Radeon Overlay.
  • Custom values for the sampling interval slider in the performance metrics feature may fail to enable.
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes list a previously installed driver version even after driver successfully upgrading.
  • Apply and Done buttons may sometimes overlap in Radeon Settings or Radeon Overlay.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-12-3

Associate
I'm curious, Does anyone know the difference in the Global Settings tab for Freesync, Either on or AMD optimized, What's the difference ?
found this elsewhere
  • AMD Optimized – This is the default option which will automatically select the optimal Radeon FreeSync setting (On/Off).
  • On – Enables Radeon FreeSync.
  • Off – Disables Radeon FreeSync
apparently can also turn freeesync off in games where freesync can cause flicker or crashing; however i see no evidence of this thusfar on either of my freesync screens when experiencing flickering etc.

Back
Top Bottom