Extremely worried about my insurance claim

Caporegime
I know a guy who has traders insurance, he lets his girlfriend drive around on it and she's always having accidents.

Just recently she hit another womans car at a stables and he doesn't want to pay out the poor woman because "It was on private land"

Associate
I know a guy who has traders insurance, he lets his girlfriend drive around on it and she's always having accidents.

Just recently she hit another womans car at a stables and he doesn't want to pay out the poor woman because "It was on private land"

To be private land in terms of the RTA there has to be a physical barrier between the land and highway.

Soldato

If he's refused to pay as it's on private land he's admitted it, small claims court imo.

Man of Honour
LOL on this subject my dad got the renewal quote on one of his policies today they want £850 - he is currently paying £330. The "best" they could do was £695 when he got quotes from elsewhere for approx. £400. Total joke really.

Soldato
LOL on this subject my dad got the renewal quote on one of his policies today they want £850 - he is currently paying £330. The "best" they could do was £695 when he got quotes from elsewhere for approx. £400. Total joke really.

Insurance industry needs a proper shakeup with cast iron regulation.

I've had a similar experience as your dad. Renewal for next year with current insurers (Aviva) is 400 more than this year. Quotes from other insurers are coming in at 400 less than this year.

Associate
Insurance industry needs a proper shakeup with cast iron regulation.

I've had a similar experience as your dad. Renewal for next year with current insurers (Aviva) is 400 more than this year. Quotes from other insurers are coming in at 400 less than this year.

Kinda hit and miss with Car Insurance these days as most years i change insurers because of the hike, but this year it only went up by £3 even after I was involved in an accident end of last year, so renewed for another year with the same company.

Associate
OP
Ok so I'm back with an update. And guess what? I've been told my car is worth £2750 and given my excess is £250, I'll be receiving £2500 in my account soon!

Man of Honour
Ok so I'm back with an update. And guess what? I've been told my car is worth £2750 and given my excess is £250, I'll be receiving £2500 in my account soon!

Job done. Chalk it up and move on. Pretty much what I thought would happen. Slightly surprised they didn't ask for a commuting uplift but not really suprised the way it went.

Job done. Chalk it up and move on. Pretty much what I thought would happen. Slightly surprised they didn't ask for a commuting uplift but not really suprised the way it went.

Agree, as I said before the chances are they would have struggle on appeal, unless they could prove they would not have insured it in the first place.

They may have applied the reduction already, its quite possible its so low that in reality its invisible that its taken effect.

But OP, its a dangerous game to play not insuring 100% correctly. Its worth the few minutes extra to go over everything and check.
Oh and dont trust the quote engines to correctly pass details to insurers sites, they dont always get it right

Back
Top Bottom