£1000 Gaming PC

Soldato
OP
Get some snaps up of the beast !

New amd drivers seem to be good. Auto undervolting for GPU !

Ooh that's interesting, I was going to look into undervolting but thought I'd give it a few days to see how it is before any messing around.

One thing I'm a bit confused about is RAM speeds, I noticed on one of the customer reviews for the bundle I purchased somebody wrote "Only thing I had to change was the docp profile to get the Ram to run at the correct speed." It seems to be running at 2400Mhz for me, not sure if I should try to change that or if I only need to worry if I'm overclocking the CPU (which I'm not planning to). Sure this is pretty basic, but I never really tinker with these things.

Anyway, a few pictures below, not the best as its in a dark corner and my photography skills suck, but I like how it looks. I'm pretty happy with the cabling, that's probably the tidiest job I've ever managed (though it doesn't look so good on the other side, but nobody will see that. I was a bit disapointed with the 'addressable LED' on the case. I thought I'd be able to connect that to one of the RGB headers on the board, but it doesn't seem to have the relevant controller, so not sure how you're supposed to be able to attach and control that, but there is a button on the case to cycle all the different modes. I thought the case was pretty nice to work with overall.

2czxym1.jpg

2i2hzp.jpg

1ijt39.jpg

2qin637.jpg

Soldato
OP
The RAM is designed to run at 3000MHz and Ryzen CPUs react well to faster RAM, so personally I'd set the RAM to it's spec :)

Nice looking build, bet you're pleased with it :cool:

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Yeah very happy with it overall. I think the only final thing I need to do is improve the airflow a bit, which I guess is no real surprise with it coming with just the two fans. So I think I'll get another for the front and one for the top of the case.

Soldato
OP
Might have to connect to ryzen RGB header via splitter

Thanks, but no it doesn't look like you can. Having read up on this a bit more I think I understand the difference, it looks like they are different technologies and the board would need to support addressable RGB. This board could be used to control the slightly cheaper case that just has the standard LEDs.

Its not really an issue, I can still change the pattern manually and it looks cool, it wasn't something I gave much consideration to prior to purchase but just thought it would be cool if I could. Not really knowing much about this I assumed 'addressable' meant you could control it, and the standard one couldn't be controlled, but now I understand what addressable means.

Back
Top Bottom