More London violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A wise man once said: People like to think that if they were another person they would do things differently or better, that's not true, that's implying if you're adding your current ego and mind to another person. The matter of truth is you were that person, you were born to the same parents, had the same genetics, upbringing, environment, education and life events and memories you wouldn’t do anything differently because you'd BE that person who he is right now.

Also. some of us where actually born in the same enviorment, education etc as these lot but rised up to this nonsense with what you call common sense and here we are posting in this forum in one of our many nice shiny tech mobile phone or computer

Associate
Well there is medical heroin in Norway, Holland and Switzerland, which is given free to addicts.

Large drops in criminality have been observed with an improvement in users health too. This is basically what Asim is saying, the illegality and associated profitability of drugs that causes more problems than the addiction itself.

Caporegime
Well there is medical heroin in Norway, Holland and Switzerland, which is given free to addicts.

Large drops in criminality have been observed with an improvement in users health too. This is basically what Asim is saying, the illegality and associated profitability of drugs that causes more problems than the addiction itself.

Hey if we legalise drink driving then can you imagine how many fewer drink driving offences would be caused? It would be amazing!

Soldato
Hey if we legalise drink driving then can you imagine how many fewer drink driving offences would be caused? It would be amazing!

And if you lower the limits then there is likley to be an increase (or at least, no change. See Scotland)

The funny thing about DUI is that it isnt actually particularly dangerous.

The percentage of legally intoxicated drivers who manage to successfully complete their journeys without actually harming anybody likley exceeds 99.999%

Soldato
And if you lower the limits then there is likley to be an increase (or at least, no change. See Scotland)

The percentage of legally intoxicated drivers who manage to successfully complete their journeys without actually harming anybody likley exceeds 99.999%

Most clueless comment ever?

Soldato

This might actually be the most stupid post I've seen on these boards.

Caporegime

Woah, some or all of this needs explaining there, champ.

Soldato
stupidest comment ever

(And to all the others)

Seems like I have invited a bunch of vegans to a Hog roast here ! :D

But, try to consider this objectively.

How do you define an activity as "Dangerous?"

Driving is generally a pretty safe activity. ones lifetime risk of dying or being seriously injured in a Motor accident is really quite low.

You per-Journey/per-mile risk is minute (1:8,000,000 perhaps)

Now I am not saying that DUI, Speeding, using a mobile phone, whatever doesn't increase ones risk. But in most cases it is only increasing it by a factor ten or so, While that sounds dramatic. 10* a <very small number> is still a <Very small number>

An activity where the risk of serious consequences is only around 1:100,000 per event (or even less) cannot really be regarded as "Dangerous", simply "Less Safe"

And 1:100,000 is pretty damn safe anyway, however one looks at it.

;)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Someone clearly thinks going to the pub for a few pints and driving home is fine as they have never had an accident. Old persons deluded logic.

As opposed to brainwashed ********* incapable of being responsible for ones own action and being held accountable for ones own actions due to a significant lack of moral fibre.

Before the world went mad it was fine to have 3 or 4 drinks in country pub and drive home, many people did it without an accident and even if you have a accident plod helped you out if you could actually communicate nicely instead of throwing you in Jail and a prison sentence and destroying your general law abiding life.

Soldato

Exactly. The amount of drunk drivers i see on roads is disgusting. I saw someone the other day compleley unable to stay anywhere near the middle of his lane lol. You are right that drunk people who manage to complete their journeys with no problem is pretty high. I see people leaving the local Pub and get in ther car to drive home every single night lol.

I would disagree that it isn't particularly dangerous, I feel in danger when I'm near a visibly drunk driver. But yeh most drunk drivers will not be visibly drunk and you're right they go under the radar all the time.

Caporegime
As opposed to brainwashed ********* incapable of being responsible for ones own action and being held accountable for ones own actions due to a significant lack of moral fibre.

Before the world went mad it was fine to have 3 or 4 drinks in country pub and drive home, many people did it without an accident and even if you have a accident plod helped you out if you could actually communicate nicely instead of throwing you in Jail and a prison sentence and destroying your general law abiding life.

Alcohol is a proven factor in 17% of road based fatalities in the UK. At twice the legal limit you're 20x more likely to crash than a sober driver.

But yeah, it's fine. Let's let people do it.

Vote for retarded post of the year!

Caporegime

Oh those Halcyon days where "many" people drove home after 4 drinks without even crashing...Blimey this forum has some posters with weird views.

If I know i'm driving later, I won't even have one alcoholic drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom