OcUK Dadsnet thread

Associate
I dread if I get pinged for a deployment now. Half the year away from the boy :( no thank you

Thats the situation i'm in at the moment.

only for 4 months, but 1/3 of a year away from my daughter is still bad enough. Shes almost 2 and a half and this is the first time i've been away for any length of time since she was born. I've had her mother on the phone several times in tears with the stress of having to deal with a moody todler, illness, work and the xmas period. To be honest shes done an amazing job essentially as a single mother! When i get home in feb shes definitely deserving of a well earned break for a few days.

Soldato
Thats the situation i'm in at the moment.

only for 4 months, but 1/3 of a year away from my daughter is still bad enough. Shes almost 2 and a half and this is the first time i've been away for any length of time since she was born. I've had her mother on the phone several times in tears with the stress of having to deal with a moody todler, illness, work and the xmas period. To be honest shes done an amazing job essentially as a single mother! When i get home in feb shes definitely deserving of a well earned break for a few days.
Xmas away is the worst so keep your head down and time will soon pass. You're right, treat mum for her efforts, she deserves it. Safe journey home :)

Soldato
I'm guilty of liking my days /nights away for work. I get to choose my hotel and location.

It's like going back 2 years and I get to be just an adult not a dad, no need to worry about if she's sleeping, if she's eating enough, got enough dummies or is too cold or too hot.

Bit naff for the missus but can be helped and I do think of her as I have my meal and pint.

Soldato
OP
I'm guilty of liking my days /nights away for work. I get to choose my hotel and location.

It's like going back 2 years and I get to be just an adult not a dad, no need to worry about if she's sleeping, if she's eating enough, got enough dummies or is too cold or too hot.

Bit naff for the missus but can be helped and I do think of her as I have my meal and pint.

Ah now it's a guilty pleasure of mine have a night or two away, but I found a week was enough to make me really want to come home. I'd find a month+ unbearable. That said, it was really great to come home to my girls after the week away :)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
My little girl was 6 months old yesterday already. Where the hell did that go! :eek:

Loving every minute though. :cool:

She has slept though the night since about 2 months old and only wakes up very rarely, we are so lucky! :D

I honestly don't know how you guys do it when you have to spend weeks/months away, I don't like going to work never mind any longer!

Soldato
My little girl was 6 months old yesterday already. Where the hell did that go!

She has slept though the night since about 2 months old and only wakes up very rarely, we are so lucky! :D

Karma will get you if you have another one. I'd rather have a difficult first time around as the second would be a doddle. To have a perfect baby firs time around and a hard one second time, would be a killer. Just when you thought "this parenting lark is easy" :D

Soldato
OP
I thought I had it easy. My girl slept through until 9 months. Haven't had a night of unbroken sleep since. Now she can just hop out of bed and come into us, she takes full advantage

Soldato
OP
Hope everyone had a good Xmas with their small ones and are not yet sick of playing that one game they've latched onto.

Got my daughter a balance bike, and it's crazy how fast they learn. Day 1 she's just walking along and holding the bike up between her legs. Day 2 we go to the park and she's free wheeling down grass hills like a little speed demon.

Soldato
We bought one that looks like a crosser from smyths. Looks a smidge big for him but will see tomorrow when he goes out on it (he was 2 in Sept). I think its 12inch wheels though so that might be why it's big.

Soldato
Seriously ******** myself right now for me and my partner. Just got back from the hospital, which was a return journey from an "urgent" checkup yesterday. Got there at 3pm for a 1 hour appointment, left 50mins ago after multiple scans, 2 consultants and what seemed to be an age of fetal doppler monitoring.

Docs have told us that the amniotic fluid is increasing (it increases just days prior to birth apparently), Junior is head down (though has been for 4 weeks) & everything is looking like systems are go. The problem with that is that we still have 8 1/2 weeks to go to the due date, Junior isn't ready for the world.

Docs have decided that it's going to happen so have begun courses of steroid injections so that they can be passed to Junior in the hope of bolstering his lungs should he appear.

On top of this they're also suggesting that my partner may have developed diabetes during the pregnancy (she was tested and clear when we first found out we were having another child)

My head is an absolute shed, I'm seriously ****** off at her so-called best mates who haven't even been round in the last month or so, just as things were getting rough for the Mrs in terms of the pregnancy and

I just feel like I'm going to lose my ****. I have no idea what to do. I absolutely detest hospitals, hate every second, it stresses me out yet I'm faced with spending most of the day in one for the next few weeks. It doesn't help that there seems to be absolutely no efficiency or forward planning.

At one point today a midwife told us that we need to wait for the consultant who will most likely order a 30min fetal monitor. 45mins later consultant walks in and within 10secs says to start the monitor & then he can decided further action on those results. Why couldn't the midwife just get it done whilst we were waiting? After the monitor we then had to wait another half hour for the consultant to come back. Wasted time! No wonder the NHS is on it's backside!

Sorry, venting and not the point.

Edit sorry for the stars ...

Back
Top Bottom