Memory for Ryzen 1700X

Associate
Hi all,

I've bought my first Ryzen processor (1700x), which has been sitting on a shelf, staring at me longingly.
I'll probably be buying a B450 motherboard for it.
As the title suggests then, what memory should I buy for this system? I don't intend to overclock, but I do want the system to run as optimally as possible.
I've been looking at CL14 3200 memory but it's expensive and I think it might be overkill for this setup.
Looking forward to your advice.

Associate
You will but you are looking at 1 or 2 frames in games if that. Custom pc did some tests and found that 3400 was better but again it was 3 or 4 frames in games. It all depends what is important to you. Bare in mind the speeds are based on 2 sticks. If you buy 4 sticks you may have to run at a slower speed.

Soldato
Originally before various bios updates unless you had 3200c14 Samsung bdie based memory it was hard to get memory running at 3200 without changing various bios settings. Now most is fine to hit its rated 3200 speed. The original problem was running memory at 2133 was much slower for Ryzen than 3200,

Associate
OP
I bit the bullet and bought the CL14 memory now. It had dropped slightly in price too.
Looks like I'll be getting some good gaming action in this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom