Double standards of youtube

Soldato
While Alex Jones gets censored for "hate" speech and RDR2 players get their channels banned for killing NPC's in creative ways, mumkey jones gets banned for making jokes, cat murderers just get a video removed

https://mobile.twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1076003556245823488

Background, https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/a8110y/this_channel_needs_to_be_stop/

Basically a kid in Chile films himself murdering his cat and youtube let him keep his channel because the offending video was removed

Soldato
The kid was reported to the police and his information was leaked apparently.

Video is removed and he is going to face the consequences in real life, I don't think removing his youtube channel over deleting his video is going to make a difference :confused:

Are you hinting at some sort of youtube corporation conspiracy where the company hates both right wing knobs and cats?

Soldato
OP
You don't see the double standards ?

Post anything to youtube that is right of far left and you risk getting censored or having your entire channel and alt channels removed

Post videos of killing animals and you only get the video removed and get to keep all of your channels and keep profiting

What message does this send to the other psychopaths out there ?

To put things into perspective since this story broke the kids has got over a million views on his channel and gained about 10k subscribers, he's making bank for murdering his cats, great message youtube is sending by not being heavy handed like they are with "hate speech" :rolleyes:

Caporegime
It's not really double standards, one side of it is censorship because it challenges the dominant ideology of todays intolerant left, the other is just removing a video that has received a lot of complaints because it will make them look bad not to delete it. It's just different standards for different offenses, anti-politically correct thought crime being the worst of them because it challenges the control system of the left.

Caporegime
We brutally murder foxes all the time, so it's seemingly cool.

It's not really double standards, one side of it is censorship because it challenges the dominant ideology of todays intolerant left, the other is just removing a video that has received a lot of complaints because it will make them look bad not to delete it.

The very tolerant Proud boys who's leader actively called for violence (several times in fact)? Mhm, very cool.

**** this im out.

Tired of this mini-stormfront rhetoric.

Soldato
OP
It's not really double standards, one side of it is censorship because it challenges the dominant ideology of todays intolerant left, the other is just removing a video that has received a lot of complaints because it will make them look bad not to delete it.

It is double standards, because if he had misgendered his cat before killing it, youtube would have been down on him like a tonne of bricks

Soldato
There's something wrong with you if you think it's okay to have your channel removed for an opinion or for shooting a female NPC in a video game, yet see no issue with a channel staying around after it uploaded a video of a cat being beaten to death and kittens rammed into a **** filled toilet.

The video was even removed by YouTube themselves, so they have actively moderated it yet deemed it okay to allow his channel to stay on their site. Acknowledge that Trump is the active president of the USA though? Say bye bye.

Commissario
oh yay another "all the media except infowarts is biased and owned by the libs" post.

Youtube have a long history of not taking action properly at first - just look at how long it took them to deal with conspiracy theories r us, or the number of times they ban content by mistake then let it back up after a human has actually reviewed it.

But yeah it's all a bit liberal consporacy by the hard left, because big businesses in the media world are always led by the "intolerant left" with the exception of the bastions of truth Fox news and Infowars (although isn't that more a cheap tat rebranding and poor quality supplement infomercial company?).

Soldato
Maybe the difference was the video was reported, rather than the channel?

Regardless, one case is not compared to another. It isn't a court with legal professionals deciding the punishment, it is just someone behind a desk slugging through reports and that is if it isn't just a bot.

Every time youtube does anything, someone tries to play the victim for the right wing media. Remove a cat video from some Chilean Psychopath and the subject is 'This is all some Alex Jones conspiracy!'

The police are looking for the kid, he will face justice soon enough.

Every time someone steps in a puddle, the leftie corporations or whatever are at it again. Give me a break :rolleyes:

I thought the far left are meant to be the oversensitive loony pieces of snow...

Soldato
OP
oh yay another "all the media except infowarts is biased and owned by the libs" post.

Youtube have a long history of not taking action properly at first - just look at how long it took them to deal with conspiracy theories r us, or the number of times they ban content by mistake then let it back up after a human has actually reviewed it.

But yeah it's all a bit liberal consporacy by the hard left, because big businesses in the media world are always led by the "intolerant left" with the exception of the bastions of truth Fox news and Infowars (although isn't that more a cheap tat rebranding and poor quality supplement infomercial company?).

If the shoe fits

It's not exactly uncommon knowledge that the likes Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are all Left leaning on political spectrum, they allow plenty of hate speech from left wing extremists while are quick to silence anything that may offend the left

Soldato
I don't use Facebook or Twitter so forgive me if I am being ignorant. But maybe you're just quicker to notice the things which you may prefer getting taken down?

Like Dave Chappelle said; is it not a case of standing too close to an elephant?

Soldato
If the shoe fits

It's not exactly uncommon knowledge that the likes Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are all Left leaning on political spectrum, they allow plenty of hate speech from left wing extremists while are quick to silence anything that may offend the left
I'm really not sure Facebook is left-leaning, to be honest. I actually stopped using it 3 or 4 years ago partly because it offended my lefty sensibilities.

Soldato
On an unrelated note...I like your sig cheesyboy. :D

On a related note, your argument is a disaster Minusorange.

I agree with you that the channel should have been deleted, there's no way the little [censored] should get one more view. But then you go completely off the rails linking it to another nutter, just in a different way.

Caporegime
If the shoe fits

Funny, because most of the comments I see under Facebook posts are right wingers saying quite nasty stuff about migrants.

Soldato
OP
On an unrelated note...I like your sig cheesyboy. :D

On a related note, your argument is a disaster Minusorange.

I agree with you that the channel should have been deleted, there's no way the little [censored] should get one more view. But then you go completely off the rails linking it to another nutter, just in a different way.

It's more that youtube are quick to pull the trigger on political content in order to push a narrative they prefer

Whilst political content they approve of which some could consider equally extremist goes unchallenged along with a plethora of heinous stuff like this cat killler

Do you honestly not see a problem that youtube will deplatform you for having an opinion they deem "unworthy" or "offensive" whilst allowing people to keep channels after posting videos of murdering animals ?

Soldato
I once looked after a mate's cat for a couple of years when he emigrated. We had an uneasy relationship, and some of the things he did included:

- sitting on a windowsill in my newly plastered lounge, and ******** liquid cat poo all down the wall
- stealing the prawn starter for my home-prepare Valentine's Day dinner in with the girl who I eventually married
- climbing inside the washing machine and ******** on my shirts in there

He eventually went to live on a farm. Yes really. I know because I took him there. I was angry enough with some of the things he did that I could have killed him. But I didn't. But if I did I wouldn't have put it on YouTube. I could have lost my channel and my 31 subscribers.

True story.

Back
Top Bottom