Spec me a 2k system

Soldato
Hey all. Can you speck me an Intel/nvidia based system that is reasonably future proof and able to game at 4k

No monitor needed. Atx form factor plus windows licence please.

Rgb and non rgb option if possible

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks @orbitalwalsh. Thats a good starting point at least... I think an AIO and more powerful PSU would be preferred... Dont get much for your money these days hey ;)

Your looking at £100+ for eisbaer /silent or ekwb AIO.
Rear are cheap aluminium asetek that a flagship air cooler will outlast any day of the week .

Any reason for needing a more poeerfpo GPU . Hitting 80% load if I can remember is almost sweet eff spot

Permabanned
Why settle for a 2080 when you can get a 2080ti within budget ? Your logic makes no sense.

My logic makes perfect sense. Must be a balanced system. The OP wants a more solid system on all fronts - not just a GPU with the remaining money for crappy parts, so to say.

Soldato
My logic makes perfect sense. Must be a balanced system. The OP wants a more solid system on all fronts - not just a GPU with the remaining money for crappy parts, so to say.

Please show me where any of the two builds posted by Orbital are unbalanced or have bad parts. You specced a build with a terrible cooler for starters.

Soldato
OP
OK these are all good suggestions (apart from 2 psus orbital :D ).

I think that a 2080ti is important for 4k gaming but if a 2080 is needed due to having a better selection of other items such as cpu and cooler then so be it. I'm a little worries about that case as well... How is the air flow? Also is glass so much of a need due to nothing being rgb or not that good to look at? ;)

Permabanned

I think that a 2080ti is important for 4k gaming but if a 2080 is needed due to having a better selection of other items such as cpu and cooler then so be it. I'm a little worries about that case as well... How is the air flow? Also is glass so much of a need due to nothing being rgb or not that good to look at? ;)

Ah, the looks of the case is your choice. Take the one you like.
The RTX 2080 will be more than fine for 4K gaming.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_RTX_2070_Strix_OC/9.html

Man of Honour
I think that a 2080ti is important for 4k gaming
you are right. as @orbitalwalsh as said, and i'll echo, 2080ti is the first true 4k card.
you can get a 2080 if you want (its approx the same performance as a 1080ti - i own a 1080ti, so can speak from experience), but you'll have to turn the settings down slightly if you want to maintain a stable 4k @ 60fps for newer AAA titles.

Soldato

If it was Me I would stick with the 2080 ti because why not. It fits in your £2K budget and will give you the best frame rates. If you plan on keeping the gpu for as long as possible then get the best you can afford i.e 2080 ti.

If you want to spend a bit more on a case then you have ones such as the Fractal Design Meshify or the Phanteks Enthoo Pro/Pro M Glass etc which are all around £80 - £90 price range and have good airflow. There are others of course but those are just a few examples. A Glass side panel is still nice if you want to be able to see your build.

Both of the builds posted by Orbital are well balanced. Your other option would be to look at a Ryzen cpu as you are more gpu dependant at 4K so the gap is not really a thing.

Back
Top Bottom