The Official Gimbal Thread

Soldato
Anyone use Gimbals here?

I currently use a zyhiun crane plus which is a bit light weight but not the easiest to setup on the field for run and gun video work unless you preset and note down the axes settings you use for a particular camera and lens setup.

What i dont like about it is that it blocks the LCD screen a bit but overal it does the job on my sony a7r3 and a small prime.

At a push i can use my 35mm sigma art prime at its absolute but no longer lenses then that due to the bit that blocks the back of the camera and weight.

they are about to release this one though which looks smaller!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43JvTlQRwc8

Soldato
I've got a Zhiyun Smooth Q (or whatever the mobile version was being sold this time last year), I use it with a GoPro 5 Session so not using any of their software however really impressed with the results for the price.

Associate
ordered a FeiyuTech G6 plus on tuesday to use with my Panasonic TZ100 as there is not many option for small compact cameras. Jessops had it for £199 when I ordered but now gone back up to £269

Soldato
I have the Crane2 and the Crane Plus. Both great bits of kit aren't they - the 2 will take my A73 with a big heavy lens on it too.

Only problem I find is being bothered to take it anywhere.

Soldato
Use the DJI Ronin-M for work and I have the Osmo Mobile for personal use.
Osmo mobile is great for hols and works well.
The Ronin-M is great also but the software sucks so bad, also dont go watching configuration videos on youtube beforehand - they are so over the top! These devices are literally designed to plonk your device in and as long as its reasonably balanced it will calibrate fine. You have a lot of these youtube videos making out that you need it mm perfect! ridiculous.

But seriously the main battle you will have with any Dji product will be the software.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
I have a DJI Osmo 2 and an iPhone 8+ and I think it is a great combo for someone who is 'not too serious' about video/ photography. I LOVE the pano photo mode on it- got some incredible photos in NYC and Maine last year.

Associate
ordered a FeiyuTech G6 plus on tuesday to use with my Panasonic TZ100 as there is not many option for small compact cameras. Jessops had it for £199 when I ordered but now gone back up to £269

Did you get this gimbal? Do you think it would be suitable for a small(ish) mirrorless camera?

Soldato
Looking at the Zhiyun smooth q2 but heard of issues with ultra wide and part of the him protruding in shot - has this been fixed? I like the size of it and that it can be free standing without tripod.

Permabanned
I have got the DJI Ronin S and I am rubbish with it, I just can't seem to get the smooth fluid motion.

I have a DJI Osmo Mobile 2 which is a great little piece of kit.

Back
Top Bottom