Whats your last xmas week like at where you work?

Soldato
Pretty quiet although I had a couple of projects ramp up in the last few weeks so not as quiet as usual. Our team did book out a meeting room to hold a cheese and wine party yesterday afternoon though :D, then on top of all the Christmas parties we went out to celebrate one of our team getting married (a sort of unofficial hen do). It was a good night. I was off today :D

I'm in the NHS, working in admin. The building becomes a ghost town starting today, although I'm in next week. I don't mind working around Christmas. I do take a couple of days off in the New Year though. I think I said in another thread recently in that we should adopt Scotland's 2nd Jan as a bank holiday. Coming back on the 2nd is just too soon after NYE.

Soldato
Busier than normal as people seem obsessed with using Christmas as an arbitrary date things should be finished by.

Soldato
Business as usual. In 24hr manufacturing things tend to continue right up until shutdown, although generally with fewer people as spare holidays are taken.

Associate
Business as usual.....oilfields don’t care what time of year it is, will get a nice Christmas Day spread and a raffle that’s about it! On my way home today though! So hopefully home for Christmas this year!
Last Christmas I was away and on nights so slept all day and worked all night.

Soldato
Just had the pasts two weeks off (semi retired) and very nice it was too, but I start shift work, lates 14:30 to 22:30, on Xmas day! for seven days on the ramp at Heathrow airport working the aircraft. This'll be my last Xmas working though as I'm 65 next year so I'll be retiring, YAY!

Soldato
Software Dev in local government, our floor is pretty much ramped down from mid-week until after new year as we do mainly planned work rather than reactive. Other departments will be in over the break and busy but most of the building is quiet due to school holidays. They've done statutory closing for the two Monday's to avoid the bother of opening the building for not even a full day. I even took Friday off last minute as there was nothing going on and Amazon were bringing a parcel.

Compared to working the Customer Service desk in PC World in the late 90s, it's lovely. Boxing Day the customers would be 4 deep down the entire 10 meter customer service desk...

Soldato
Business as usual at Christmas time at work for me:-

christmas1.jpg

Caporegime
Much quieter than usual with a lot of people on holiday. We have a change freeze in December so it's basically just break fix.

The last day at work before Xmas day is usually just an excuse to get drunk. Our HR, Estates and Brewing departments all put on free drinks and then the MD gives a speech at 12 which is followed by free food and drink and then a mass pub crawl which management usually attend.

I'm on support all week so not drinking :(

Soldato
Been crazy busy as catching up on work from the back end of last week, this weeks normal workload plus covering for a colleague who is conveniently sick this last week but as i found out us still working her 2nd job in the evenings and weekends

Back
Top Bottom