What External Hard Drive are you using for your Xbox one or Xbox one X

Associate
ok I’ve plugged it in and managed to get something happening, but it’s just registered itself as pictures/media. Tried to unplug/plug in and same so how will I get the main screen to come back up where you choose to format as Xbox space? I’m out at the moment so I’ll try when I get home but when I looked in settings and clicked on it/manage it only tells me to install a media player.

Soldato
I would avoid anything that uses an external power supply on the basis that you're more likely to run into issues if you use the instant on power saving modes (in terms of the drive going to sleep correctly, or not waking back up with the system).

My game drive works perfect going to sleep with the Xbox etc.

Associate
I've got a Toshiba 3TB Canvio but I did notice some performance issues when I ran RDR2 from it. I had to transfer it over to the system HD to clear up the fuzzy graphics and frame stutter. Every other game apart from that has been fine.

Associate
Currently re-using an Samsung Evo 850 1TB drive left over after I upgraded my gaming PC. Currently just connected using a USB to SATA 3 dongle (really must get an enclosure for it at some point)

Really made a noticeable difference loading RDR2 compared to the internal HDD

Soldato
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/seag...enclosure-desktop-bundle-black-bu-006-kk.html

best of both storage and speed, SSHD aint as fast as SSD but it gets you 80-90% of the improvement in most cases, especially on stuff being reloaded allot (PUBG map loads etc).

SSD is the best but even 1TB is twice as much for the same price your looking at 500gb which could be 5 games or even less. depands on your use case but im happy with the above.

Caporegime
A Seagate 500GB SSD because without it loading times in games like FH4 and Division 2 are too painful. It's basically the same drive as the branded Seagate X1 SSD AFAIK.

Associate
I have a 3TB WD Elements which i've had a few years and works well but some games were a bit slow loading.
I've just got a Crucial MX500 1TB and a USB3 case which makes a big difference on load times.

Soldato
1TB Samsung QVO SSD + Sata->USB cable comes in under 100 quid...no brainer for me.

The QLC NAND is perfect for game drives, slowish write speeds, fast reads, and CHEAP.

Soldato
I've got a 2Tb WD passport, used it on my One S for ages but when upgraded to an One X I just plugged it in and it had all my games etc. on ready to work.

Not noticed any performance issues on my games, RDR2 has worked fine from 1st install.

I don't envisage needing more than 2Tb for sometime as I only have 4 or 5 games installed (combined I have 3Tb in total storage) and when I finish one I uninstall it because if I want to go back to it I'll just re-download it.

Back
Top Bottom