Atlas - new Ark developer Pirate MMO

Soldato
I really like the look of this and the concept and what they've talked about etc and very tempted to get into this. However having played ARK and knowing the pain etc I'm also very wary. I know the devs are saying they've learnt from their mistakes with ARK etc but of course they would say that right?

Will see how it goes over the Christmas period I think and see what it's like in the New Year when I have a bit more free time for gaming again.

Associate
I really like the look of this and the concept and what they've talked about etc and very tempted to get into this. However having played ARK and knowing the pain etc I'm also very wary. I know the devs are saying they've learnt from their mistakes with ARK etc but of course they would say that right?

Will see how it goes over the Christmas period I think and see what it's like in the New Year when I have a bit more free time for gaming again.

I agree that they would say that yes. But I do actually believe they will have learnt a little at least. I think I'll buy this day 1, I don't have much else to do at the moment!

Soldato
They didn't learn anything doing Dark and Light, Conan, Pixark etc, not a thing. Only a fool will continue to support this terrible company and their practices by pre ordering Early Access after their shoddy history.

EDIT. And surprise surprise, off on a negative, delayed for the second time and now not dropped at 11pm.

And now 30 minutes after they are supposed to launch, they take down the countdown clock, replace it with the extended trailer and announce game delayed for the third time. Like I said, only a fool keeps getting hyped for Wildcard/Snail Games/Grapeshot Games and supporting their pathetic Early Access strategies.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just saw the trailer, that is the most bat poo crazy trailer for a game I think I've ever seen. I don't want to **** it off too much because its so imaginative, but, absolutely bonkers!

Soldato
Couldn't really care any less why/how/who made a dlc. paid DLC for EA products should not exist at all in my opinion.
this doesn't mean i won't be purchasing atlas at all, but i'll most likely hold off till full release for this one if turns out to be good.

That's a fair opinion, but it happens. Look how many EA games get micro transactions long before full release, I just felt that Wildcard being the only target of gamer rage was unjustified, as was the hate for raising the price on full release. They're held to a much different standard than any other company even by people who have never touched their games, that alone just makes me side with them before any specific details are given light.

Associate
That's a fair opinion, but it happens. Look how many EA games get micro transactions long before full release, I just felt that Wildcard being the only target of gamer rage was unjustified, as was the hate for raising the price on full release. They're held to a much different standard than any other company even by people who have never touched their games, that alone just makes me side with them before any specific details are given light.

Dont think ive ever touched a game with micro transactions when it was in EA and i most likely never would as its a line that shouldnt be crossed in the firt place.
Increasing price after release doesnt bother me at all. Early supporters can get it cheap while providing cash flow for development so it kinda even makes sense

Soldato
If I could give you some advice, --- the ETAs and don't wait around. Get some sleep. Spend
time with your family. Watch a movie. Do whatever you want. When I know that the build is
inflight and in the process of uploading, I will share that with you, but even then, that doesn't
mean it's ready because there are checks to do. I'll do my best to communicate with you going
forward and keep you in the loop as much as I can. From my current knowledge, I fully expect
ATLAS to hit Steam by NOON PST on the 22nd -- as soon as I get wind of any changes. I will
let you know.
Hang tight Pathfinders :p. The ATLAS is approaching and it’s gonna be sick!
Community manager^

Soldato
Watching Cohh stream this now...so its actually 150 players per area

Does actually look pretty decent though

I thought the total opposite. Lazy devs, copy and paste of ARK, using the same assets, same character animations which are just as clunky. Same horibble UI and graphically looks like complete turd, not at all like the trailer BS shots.

Can't say I'm at all surprised, this dev team are just filth, this will be no different to ARK in the sense of poorly optimised buggy mess.

Should have just been a £10 Ark DLC, totally not what they were selling.

Soldato
I thought the total opposite. Lazy devs, copy and paste of ARK, using the same assets, same character animations which are just as clunky. Same horibble UI and graphically looks like complete turd, not at all like the trailer BS shots.

Can't say I'm at all surprised, this dev team are just filth, this will be no different to ARK in the sense of poorly optimised buggy mess.

Should have just been a £10 Ark DLC, totally not what they were selling.

What's the difference between this and battlefield 5 or World of Warcraft or csgo or or... ;P

Soldato
There's no reason to slam just one game about it. Most devs will just reuse assests and game engines. Black ops being the best example of this and still sells millions of copies.

Yes it's ark 2.0 and that's okay. I have 600 hours in ark and I'll be picking up this one too ;P

Man of Honour
Been watching Cohh, Bikeman and Burke and a bunch of the LateNight Crew and they've been having a right laugh, looks like a fun game to play with mates :D

Caporegime
Lol....

How about finishing their first game before milking their customer base yet again. Refuse to support this company, they won't fix the underlying problems with the game but are more than happy to keep churning out new DLCs etc. all the time :o

Customers really are mugs.

Man of Honour
Lol....

How about finishing their first game before milking their customer base yet again. Refuse to support this company, they won't fix the underlying problems with the game but are more than happy to keep churning out new DLCs etc. all the time :o

Customers really are mugs.

I never really played Ark, so for me this would be their first game. If me and a dozen mates can get say..30 hours out of this then I'd be happy with that and consider it money well spent. Talking of money though, thats the caveat, I wouldnt be wanting to spend more than £20-25 on this so a lot of whether I buy or not will depend upon what the price will be when it goes live (allegedly) in a couple of hours

Back
Top Bottom