Xbox One X

Soldato
Anyone having issue with Dolby Atmos constantly reverting to Stereo in the audio settings?

I've seen a thread about it on the Xbox forums and seems to be something to do with the later/latest dashboard updates (it used to work perfectly)...

Soldato
I tried to turn HDR off to try RDR2 without it, however turning HDR, I assume in display this is unticking HDR10, it then says I don't support 4k 60Hz, so I have to keep HDR on to support 4K 60Hz?

Weird, I didn't run into that, other option is just turn it off on your TV for that HDMI port. The setting will depend on your TV as some of them give HDR weird names.

On PS4 you can just turn it off in-game apparently, guessing MS don't make that available on the XB1 or R* chose not to put that option in.

Associate
I tried to turn HDR off to try RDR2 without it, however turning HDR, I assume in display this is unticking HDR10, it then says I don't support 4k 60Hz, so I have to keep HDR on to support 4K 60Hz?

That sounds odd, disabling HDR should have no effect on 4K 60Hz, I have HDR disabled on mine and it works fine.

Soldato
Does the one X send Dolby Atmos through TV via HDMi then from TV to my normal stereo amp because when I'm browsing things and moving tiles when I go to the bottom it sounds like they're behind me despite not having surround !

Associate
I bought an XBONE S today. It's been installing Project Cars 2 from a DVD for ~4 hours and is at 88%. Is this normal? Seems like it would take forever to download and install a game you buy online.

Associate
I bought an XBONE S today. It's been installing Project Cars 2 from a DVD for ~4 hours and is at 88%. Is this normal? Seems like it would take forever to download and install a game you buy online.

every game seems to come with a massive additional mandatory download i got that with mine didn't take 4 hours tho what connection speed do you have ?

Associate
every game seems to come with a massive additional mandatory download i got that with mine didn't take 4 hours tho what connection speed do you have ?

Not sure. I'm back at my parent's place so it's probably the cheapest and slowest connection they could find. Didn't occur to me that it would be downloading content. I assumed it was installing stuff off the DVD, which is why I was confused by the amount of time taken.

Associate
i got 4 games with mine everyone needed a big download the biggest was red dead redemption 2 hardly worth having the disc not bad for me on 200mb but even with that have seen it take nearly an hour sometimes too install a game,

was going to gift my old xbox too my brother but he's only got 100 gb per month on his mobile plan don't think it's viable.

Soldato
i got 4 games with mine everyone needed a big download the biggest was red dead redemption 2 hardly worth having the disc not bad for me on 200mb but even with that have seen it take nearly an hour sometimes too install a game,

was going to gift my old xbox too my brother but he's only got 100 gb per month on his mobile plan don't think it's viable.

I stuck COD in and it needed an additional 62GB download!! Insanity!!

Soldato
Not sure. I'm back at my parent's place so it's probably the cheapest and slowest connection they could find. Didn't occur to me that it would be downloading content. I assumed it was installing stuff off the DVD, which is why I was confused by the amount of time taken.

You would have got an option to update when you went to install the DVD which would download whatever update is available online while installing. If you choose to install and update later it will just install from the DVD first which will make things quicker to physically install.

Soldato
Anyone having issue with Dolby Atmos constantly reverting to Stereo in the audio settings?

I've seen a thread about it on the Xbox forums and seems to be something to do with the later/latest dashboard updates (it used to work perfectly)...

Yes I have the same issue it just keeps forgetting the Dolby Atmos setting and reverting to stereo.

Back
Top Bottom