PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
So new comers who may have picked one up in recent sales, was it worth it? Im still on the fence but leaning more towards sod it, just get one..

Or is it now boxed back up and in the loft swappwd when you got the Xmas decorations down?

:D

Associate
I'll second a recommendation for Superhot, provided you have a decent play space. Brilliant concept, beautifully executed in VR. So satisfying when you pluck a gun from a fallen foe out of mid air and then use it to take down some more.

Does need care to make sure you don't trip over you own cable and I did knock my own headset a couple of times. Fortunately when I punched the coffee table I'd moved to one side of my room to make space it was in slow motion so didn't cause injury :D I'd love to play this in really large space with no cables to get in the way. Pro tip, I scattered some cushions around the room to help mark out my play space.

Soldato
Yeah is PS VR worth it now?

I only use PS4 for exclusives, but PSVR might mean I would use it more.

Also, can PSVR be used on PC comfortably?

Soldato
Just ordered the 5 game Mega pack and received a set of Moves for free from a work buddy!

Wondering if the codes come seperate or as a collection under one code as not really sure I would play Skyrim

Really excited to give it a go finally

Soldato
Received the kit last night! Managed to get it set up and have a few goes before bed. I'm initially really impressed. I was expecting less visually.

Skyrim looks a bit janky but it's partly showing it's age in the first place. Wipeout and Astrobot were fantastic. Didn't try doom but got given my move controllers today so will take a look later.

I'll then focus on Astrobot first I think ;)

I did try the Kitchen RE7 demo and I'm now up for replaying that game but in VR.

Soldato
Picked up a full PSVR kit as an early xmas present and blown away by it, got a bundle with the headset, camera, move controllers as well as VR worlds and Astrobot.

The London Heist mini-game sold me on it completely, the level of immersion even with pretty simple gameplay is incredible. We've been playing a lot of Beat Saber which is fantastic, my 8 year old loves "being a jedi" and mum can't moan as there isn't a drop of blood to be seen. I played the Statik demo and immediately bought that and I've already been looking at Firewall/Farpoint, is there anything that is close to Time Crisis or Virtua Cop?

I'm genuinely shocked at how well it works, picked it up on a bit of a whim as it was on offer and I'd just had my xmas bonus but wishing I'd bought it ages ago.

Associate
... I played the Statik demo and immediately bought that and I've already been looking at Firewall/Farpoint, is there anything that is close to Time Crisis or Virtua Cop?....
Rush of Blood: Until Dawn is the pick of on rails shooters. Very different setting to the likes of Time Crisis/Virtua Cop and no hostages to avoid.

Soldato
There's a great sale on at the moment on the PS store, bought 8 PSVR games so that's me sorted for a while!

Astrobot is fantastic, has put a constant smile on my face whilst playing :)

I've only had PSVR for a few weeks so picked up a few games too!

I achieved the Platinum on Astrobot, best game so far for me.

I just bought The invisible hours, rush of blood, and Statik in the current sale.

Any recommendations?

Soldato
I achieved the Platinum on Astrobot, best game so far for me.

I just bought The invisible hours, rush of blood, and Statik in the current sale.

Any recommendations?

Beat Saber (not on sale but is awesome)

In the sale I have bought these so far after reading up on them all:

Batman Arkham VR
SuperHot VR
Moss
Firewall Zero Hour & Farpoint (need the aim controller for best experience)
Creed Rise to Glory
Headmaster
Just in Time
I Expect You To Die
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Statik
The Invisible Hours

Back
Top Bottom