Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Man of Honour
Not the Moby which was Porsche special, followed by some Kremmer versions. The K3 was Kremmers take on the factory 935 and is vivid in my childhood memeory as a spectacular car to watch. I saw Walter Rhorl pedal a 935 in the early 80’s in a soaking Silverstone 6 hours, which he won and it was breathtaking. 700bhp sideways.

Associate
Anybody handy with photoshop :) Been thinking for a while about changing my wheels to gold, but cant find any pics on google of a car with it done so if anyone has the skills and a bit of time that would be awesome.

The colour is called satin aurum, which is like a bronze type colour so isnt hugely bright. I've found plenty of GT3 with gold wheels, but not GTS, and given the wheel design isn't as open I want to make it looks ok before having it done.

If anyone has different ideas, then let me know also! When the black wheels are clean it looks good, but a little bit of dirt and bad light and then just dissappear under the arches.

Good
NCizPC1.jpg

Bad!
Jb7qZjP.jpg

Will it be better?
btN48bV.jpg

Soldato
Black on black on black has never been a personal favourite, so I’d say absolutely change the colour. It’s not crazy expensive to get them re-powder coated in a different colour if you’re not happy in a year or so. Bronze and gold are quite in fashion now so go for it!

Caporegime
Damn thing has developed a fault with the roof :(

Will only go back about 200mm then stops and a fault message pops up. Won't close again until I've turned the car off fully and left it for a little while.

Caporegime
Is it catching on something then?

Not that I can see. I can't get it in under cover atm so don't want to risk putting it fully back and it not closing. It's booked in for Wednesday so I'll let them take a look.

Edit:

Just tried to open it using the key and it did even less. The locking catch disengaged but the roof itself didn't move at all. It then wouldn't re-engage for about 5 mins.

Last edited:

hel

hel

Associate
1298220-718-gt4-photo334.jpg

Info for the car below:

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/pro...miere-new-718-cayman-gt4-clubsport-16733.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom