Lightroom alternative...

Associate
Hello all,

Really frustrated with Adobe and I am after sensible lightroom alternative, want to avoid online licences and pref one time payment (or free options) options.

Ideally want it to handle RAW images and help with file management along with editing, of course!

Any suggestions guys?

Soldato
Luminar by Skylim is widely popular and it is not expensive. It currently doesn't have file management but I've read this will be introduced for free in a December update.

Soldato
Nothing is really as good as Lightroom imo....but since I'm all Sony now (RX100 and A7), I've switched to Capture One, as it's free for Sony users.

Lightroom subscriptions can do one.

Associate
Nothing is really as good as Lightroom imo....but since I'm all Sony now (RX100 and A7), I've switched to Capture One, as it's free for Sony users.

Lightroom subscriptions can do one.

Are you sure Capture One is free for Sony users? Ive heard its just discounted?

Caporegime
Watching this with interest. Not sure Adobe CC is great value at the monthly rate. Occaionally the year subscription comes up on Amazon for an OK deal but missed it this year.

Associate
Watching this with interest. Not sure Adobe CC is great value at the monthly rate. Occaionally the year subscription comes up on Amazon for an OK deal but missed it this year.

Usually comes up discounted on Black Friday and over Christmas. I got it on BF for £75 I think it was. But I am also interested in other alternatives without monthly subs so watching with interest.

And

And

Associate
LR I can live without, PS on the other hand... I tend to use Canon DPP for raw conversion (or ACR for some stuff) but it all gets finished up in PS.

Soldato
I quite like ON1, 2019 has been released, but obviously is another cost on what's I've paid already. But feel like I'm stuck with lightroom as have been using it for so long.

I don't really use PS, wish they did a more suitable pagacke for what I need.

Now Flickr has started to charge, I wish I could have lightroom and 1TB of space for the same price and dump Flickr

Associate
I'm trying to wean myself off lightroom and have gone back to canon DPP for the general photo management aspects and then affinity photo for the more complex editing. I like that DPP saves it's edits right into the files aswell.

Lightroom appears to have an edge though in performance over dpp when browsing large amounts of images, but I just want away from the subscription model.

Soldato
I'm liking Capture One. I have the express version as it's free for Sony cameras. I find it better in every way to lightroom.

Soldato
@Gambit what did you go for in the end?

I want to move away from Lightroom, it just stopped working a few days ago and I am unable to get it going. LR will load and then a login window appears but despite entering correct credentials it keep on flashing the login window until I end task. Tried uninstalling fully and reinstalling....

Back
Top Bottom