*** The 2018 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
Just because I can’t be on gear and because I can’t be what I want to be natty. So I’m basically training because for the enjoyment of it, which I don’t any more :(
Oddly sounds similar to my situation, although mine was I wanted to lift, but every time I got near anything progressive my issue would flare up and it was a massive de-motivator, especially when I was told over and over there wasn't a specific thing wrong with me.

Also I need someone else here on the forums to lift with worse form then me so that I can at least look good by some standards!

Man of Honour
Why can't you be miron natty?

I think if I enjoyed lifting again then I wouldn't care, I'd lift just for the sake of lifting. But trouble is, at the moment, I just don't enjoy it. Every trip to the gym is a massive struggle to convince myself to go, and when I'm there I'm just clock watching the whole time thinking "yeah 40 minutes is enough, lets go"

Doesn't help that the gym I go to is packed for the most part. When it's not busy, it's an amazing gym due to the equipment it has. Has some very cool stuff that I'm yet to see in any other gym. It's a proper bodybuilders gym. But it's so small, so when it's busy, even if the stuff you want to use is free, you'll still be in someones way because of how cosy the layout is.

Home gym is just pointless imo, I go in there, stick the TV on for some background noise/motivation and end up just watching it and thinking that I cba.

What I really need is a training partner. A few months ago I trained with someone for chest day, and it was the best most enjoyable workout I've ever had. Competitive but so productive. If I had that, I'd go full balls to the wall again

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I think if I enjoyed lifting again then I wouldn't care, I'd lift just for the sake of lifting. But trouble is, at the moment, I just don't enjoy it. Every trip to the gym is a massive struggle to convince myself to go, and when I'm there I'm just clock watching the whole time thinking "yeah 40 minutes is enough, lets go"

Doesn't help that the gym I go to is packed for the most part. When it's not busy, it's an amazing gym due to the equipment it has. Has some very cool stuff that I'm yet to see in any other gym. It's a proper bodybuilders gym. But it's so small, so when it's busy, even if the stuff you want to use is free, you'll still be in someones way because of how cosy the layout is.

Home gym is just pointless imo, I go in there, stick the TV on for some background noise/motivation and end up just watching it and thinking that I cba.

What I really need is a training partner. A few months ago I trained with someone for chest day, and it was the best most enjoyable workout I've ever had. Competitive but so productive. If I had that, I'd go full balls to the wall again

Start a log and starting sharing your training. I will come virtual to place my hands upon your back. U got dis.

Soldato
You should do CrossFit brah!

... I jest but I do envy their training environment and general camaraderie. My gym is immense and full of monster lifters but it can be a bit dead the times that I go (luxury of shift work = days off in the week = start training at 3-4pm when most ppl are at work) and if I wasn't a soulless routine machine I'd probably find it tough to be consistent. Never had a training buddy. :(

Soldato

Log? I need to lift first. The only thing I currently lift is my leg over the top tube :p

I do train once a week, I know it's good for me and it feels like less of a chore than it did a few months ago. I would say I have a little enthusiasm for it again lately but it's second to the saddle for the time being. Looking back at swolfies is both disheartening but I also still have pride in my 'peak'.

Form & movement patterns are fine - strength is as you would imagine.

The pump lasts forever currently :D

(Suffering on the bike is harder than under the barbell, n00bs.)

Man of Honour

The solution is move up to the glorious Midlands train with Aaron and let me squeeze dem glootes every now and again.

Soldato

Wood train with you.

FML

That place is closed now :(

Soldato
I'm bothered that place is closed :( loved it, made the most gains whilst training there.

Signed up to another Pure Gym near me, pretty cool, got a couple of racks, sledges to use and stuff.

I've been using the Fitness Division which is 0.6miles up the road to tick over. Tempted to use the GymFit4Less in town from the new year.

Would like to try polarising my cycling training which could yield similar results (to periodised) and free up a bit of time, whilst also meaning I could train a little more productively.

Cliffs. Got a pump on Monday and I liked it.

Caporegime
I've been using the Fitness Division which is 0.6miles up the road to tick over. Tempted to use the GymFit4Less in town from the new year.

Would like to try polarising my cycling training which could yield similar results (to periodised) and free up a bit of time, whilst also meaning I could train a little more productively.

Cliffs. Got a pump on Monday and I liked it.

:D dem pumps

I started a job recently so its been a bit hap hazard but it's looking like I can go during lunchtime again for training.

Recently got 100kg on squat again which was nice, wasn't too shabby either. Attempting to train a bit smarter also which I think is helping

Soldato
Really good week on the squats, biggest difference seems to be controlling my breathing properly and extra mobility work is helping the recovery process even more.

Need to do more shoulder work though as dumbbell press isn't feeling too hot in the left one.

Man of Honour
Great leg session today.

Chest session tomorrow, gym closes at 4, so hoping to get there around midday to avoid the rush before it closes. Looking forward to a couple of days rest.

Back
Top Bottom