Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Associate
Was following this on the way to the in-laws yesterday.
Very crap picture but I had my hands full and the ride was shaky. I think it was a Stagea, RS Four S. Made by Nissan it turns out.

DCeS0FI.jpg.png

Soldato
One thing I don't like is the exhaust in the middle. Needs quads.

Nothing needs quads, it just looks silly and fake. Dual/quad systems only really make a difference if they are "true dual" systems (as in separate pipes all the way to the engine), but you never see that on modern cars due to costs and probably noise restrictions :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing needs quads, it just looks silly and fake. Dual/quad systems only really make a difference if they are "true dual" systems (as in separate pipes all the way to the engine), but you never see that on modern cars due to costs and probably noise restrictions :(
997s and earlier used to be (not sure on 991.1s). They look good on good cars, seem a bit pointless on 2 litres and other lower powered cars. I think the newer m3/4s might still be split systems (although the silencer is not that far away.

Soldato

I had an Insignia 1.6T petrol which when you looked underneath had a proper dual system including two silencers, but no visible tailpipes at all. Therefore there must have been a good engineering reason.

Sometimes its best not to just make stuff up.

Caporegime
E30 has twin pipes front to back. 3 cylinders for one pipe, 3 cylinders for the other.

Thought it was pretty normal on cars with more than 4 cylinders? Aside from 5 cylinder cars... :p

Soldato
I had an Insignia 1.6T petrol which when you looked underneath had a proper dual system including two silencers, but no visible tailpipes at all. Therefore there must have been a good engineering reason.

Sometimes its best not to just make stuff up.

But probably joined together at or before the manifold. There's no reason to do it on a 4 cylinder, especially a tiny 1.6...

Back
Top Bottom