Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Just remember 4k HDR is broken on this game and night scenes are either too dark or look washed out (even on my LG c7).

Aside from that, in the daytime the game is literally STUNNING.

Shawrey

Yep, turn off HDR straight away (you'll need to do that from the Xbox Settings menu) and the game looks much better, I was playing on a 65" OLED with full HDR support so it's definitely an issue with the implementation.

Soldato
Well assuming I manage to play it before Christmas because it needs to download like 50GB before I can play it!!!!

That sucks, I disconnected my PS4 from the net just to be sure I could play when I received it and let it patch overnight. Thankfully the PS4 now seems to let you play without requiring the patch and has it download in the backgtound which is nice, obviously no online fearures though .

Am surprised the X doesn't do this, nothing bugs me more than sticking in a new game and not being able to play for 3 days...

Soldato
That sucks, I disconnected my PS4 from the net just to be sure I could play when I received it and let it patch overnight. Thankfully the PS4 now seems to let you play without requiring the patch and has it download in the backgtound which is nice, obviously no online fearures though .

Am surprised the X doesn't do this, nothing bugs me more than sticking in a new game and not being able to play for 3 days...

Turned out it was only 8GB download and then most of that 50GB was on the second disk :p so now playable!

Soldato
Did a couple of missions yesterday, I loved the first game and I don't think I'll dislike this one even with some of the strong criticisms in this thread.

I don't mind the long expositions and slow riding while listening to dialogues as the atmosphere is excellent and I can really soak it all in like in the first game. On top of that, it's one of the best looking games I've seen, tied with Odyssey this year, and certainly the most realistic and organic feeling. I'm only playing at 1080p on a 1440p screen with no HDR and it still looks really impressive. Yeah, I might grow to dislike certain of the game's mechanics with time as some posters here did but I hope it won't be too bad.

My biggest gripe so far is that the controls are indeed dated and feel like I'm controlling a tank. I don't remember RDR1 feeling this heavy. Can anyone suggest some decent aim settings? I don't think free aim has any sense with such controls but maybe something in between?

Associate
Yep, turn off HDR straight away (you'll need to do that from the Xbox Settings menu) and the game looks much better, I was playing on a 65" OLED with full HDR support so it's definitely an issue with the implementation.

R* have got away with this tbh. It’s a disgrace and also a disgrace that the likes of DF didn’t pick this up in their review. Biggest dissapintmrmt of the year for me in gaming as expected to be blown away graphically with this game and without hdr that just can’t happen now.

Don
Finally completed. Excellent game and kept me entertained for weeks!

I was a slightly disappointed by Arthur's death, part of me wanting him to role up at the end and it was all a lie :D - he just seemed forgotton about in the epilogue (I found this part quite tedious playing also)

Soldato
Hardly played this since I bought it last Wed. Finding it pretty dull early on. Also the micro management is a bit annoying i.e Clean the mud off your Horse or it will lose stamina. That is just a stupid game mechanic.

Soldato
Hi all... Am I missing something? I have been playing this game for hours and hours now. I have completed the main campaign, I have been going through the challenges for something to do as I love being out in the world. I have been trying to get 100% on the gangs but I cannot for the life of me find some of the gang camps, well no that's not entirely true, for instance I have 100% on a couple of the gangs but the Lemoyne Raider and Driscoll camps do not seem to register. When I find and clear them out, I must have easily done 10 camps in different locations, it still shows I only have 3 out of 4 camps. I am certain they are the ones where there are about 5 enemies, a few wagons and often a captive. I have spent hours roaming and going to every single smoke plume but still not working. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Caporegime
Just bought this online for my Son for his Christmas and only got the standard version. is there any benefit in other versions and can any extras be bought or earned in game?

Soldato
Hi all... Am I missing something? I have been playing this game for hours and hours now. I have completed the main campaign, I have been going through the challenges for something to do as I love being out in the world. I have been trying to get 100% on the gangs but I cannot for the life of me find some of the gang camps, well no that's not entirely true, for instance I have 100% on a couple of the gangs but the Lemoyne Raider and Driscoll camps do not seem to register. When I find and clear them out, I must have easily done 10 camps in different locations, it still shows I only have 3 out of 4 camps. I am certain they are the ones where there are about 5 enemies, a few wagons and often a captive. I have spent hours roaming and going to every single smoke plume but still not working. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

The main camps are much larger (~20 enemies) and are in fixed points, if you get really stuck then there are plenty of maps about :)

Soldato
Still not working for me, looks like it could be a bug. Quite a few people are having the same issue. I found a map of the potential camps, put a marker on each point then traveled to every single point and... Nothing. :(

Soldato
So far, the game is exactly like I imagined. Slow, deliberate and atmospheric with great music, those meticulous animations and incredible details.
I can see it might be dull for people expecting something like a Western GTA but I dig it, just like the first one. It's not perfect and maybe a tad too slow but well.

Soldato
Without going into spoilers are there any consequences if you ignore the camp ? i.e Don't bother hunting for food or giving money etc or is it mandatory ? I don't want folks to die off but it seems a bit tedious having to keep one eye on the camp management.

Soldato
Without going into spoilers are there any consequences if you ignore the camp ? i.e Don't bother hunting for food or giving money etc or is it mandatory ? I don't want folks to die off but it seems a bit tedious having to keep one eye on the camp management.

As far as I can tell it would only affect people's conversations. I can't see it affecting any character deaths/major choices as they seem hard baked into the story (basing this on having finished the entire game).

Back
Top Bottom