• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Permabanned
Oh crap, is there a deadline for getting the games? Completely forgot about my games.

I wasn't aware there was a deadline?? Where did you read this?

My e-mail just tells me to go to the amdrewards.com and register but I've not doe it yet because none of the games are even close to being released!?!?

No I'm asking rather than stating :p. Not sure I've even seen my email :o (am sure it's there).

If there is it won't be up yet, not by a long shot, It's a simple enough process that only takes a couple of minutes to do so for piece of mind you might as well claim them now and then as each game releases go to your AMD rewards account & grab the code, I think they email when each code becomes available so you won't miss any.

Soldato
If I took the Vega 56 back overclockers would they be able to test it for me, or is this a service they cant/don't offer?

They can test it, but if okay you might be charged a set fee.

Did you use Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode using New Card option to uninstall your Nvidia Drivers first, them CCleaner when back in windows to clean your registry, before installing latest AMD Drivers?

DDU> https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

CCleaner> https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Associate
My second vega 56 pulse is here after the RMA. It works! Woooho!

I do have one problem. I bought a 144hz freesync monitor along with this build. When freesync is enabled in the AMD settings, my games flicker in brightness. It's really annoying.

Any idea where the issue is?

Soldato
My second vega 56 pulse is here after the RMA. It works! Woooho!

I do have one problem. I bought a 144hz freesync monitor along with this build. When freesync is enabled in the AMD settings, my games flicker in brightness. It's really annoying.

Any idea where the issue is?

1.Reduce refresh rate to 120Hz or 100Hz to see if flickering goes away.

2.Try another cable of better quality> AMD themselves recommend ensuring the use of DisplayPort 1.2 spec Cable.

3.Disable Freesync via Radeon Settings.

Soldato
1.Reduce refresh rate to 120Hz or 100Hz to see if flickering goes away.

2.Try another cable of better quality> AMD themselves recommend ensuring the use of DisplayPort 1.2 spec Cable.

3.Disable Freesync via Radeon Settings.
Also try different driver versions. I was on 18.5.1 (IIRC) for a long time due to this issue.

Associate
I managed to fix the brightness flicker issue. It's caused by the scaling option. Changed it to "center" and it works perfect?

I also followed some newish tutorial on youtube and found these settings for wattman. I have just set them but not exactly sure what I'm doing here right now. The software is confusing me. Could someone please confirm this?

https://i.imgur.com/fFMPYyE.png

And here's my benchmark after the OC:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/32262690?

One thing I noticed my fans never go to zero RPM any more, even though temps are lower.

Soldato
I managed to fix the brightness flicker issue. It's caused by the scaling option. Changed it to "center" and it works perfect?
Hmm, interesting.

One thing I noticed my fans never go to zero RPM any more, even though temps are lower.
Zero RPM was broken in the first release that actually included it as a toggle (18.12.2 I think). Some are reporting it's fixed in 19.1.1 but others say it's still broken.

Back
Top Bottom