***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Anyone have any experience with Customs and Lepin?
I ordered the giant minecraft set for the kids for Christmas on the 6th.
its now in the UK but says awaiting customs clearance.

Am I going to have a customs charge for this? and roughly how long does it take?
Last time I ordered Lepin I didnt have this. Admittedly that was from a different store on Ali Express

Associate
If its from outside the EU, then expect a charge. It can take anything from 3 days to 3 weeks or more if your unlucky. Of course, it may not actually be inspected and could be just sat in a backlog :D
Yeah I expected a charge last time but never got one.
I expected it to be here before Christmas as last time i got it it was here within a week :/

Just have to wait and hope I guess

Caporegime
Depends on the declared value on the pack.
My imperial destroyer didn't have any because it was marked as low value.

You may get a charge. Plus handling charge. You definitely will if value is marked as 100 USD for example

Man of Honour
I'm not into Lego (I do RC) but my kids are and I just ordered the bugatti chiron as a big Xmas treat and for the first time I am actually quite looking forward to helping them with their Lego.

Soldato
The set was £70 so fingers crossed they declare lower.

The other risk to be aware of (and not saying in order to scare you etc.) is that if Customs get a sniff that the items are knock offs they can and do sieze and destroy packages. Although I'd be more concerned with Star Wars sets as I think it's only the Lego logo that is protected.

Soldato
I'm not into Lego (I do RC) but my kids are and I just ordered the bugatti chiron as a big Xmas treat and for the first time I am actually quite looking forward to helping them with their Lego.

Just picked one up today as a treat for myself and the kids. Had a good few months at work so decided to splash out on one as a reward. The kids are getting smaller kits this Christmas and I've just put those to shame :D

Caporegime
Fairly pleased with my lepin imperial. shuttle.
The pieces aren't perfect, but couldn't justify the lego out of production premium.

It is massive.

YGgY5Yvl.jpg

Gf was super excited for her lego harry potter Castle birthday/Xmas present!

We now have the two biggest lego sets.

Noticed her walle set is already technically going for more than I paid on ebay!

Back
Top Bottom