Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Man of Honour
I had an Insignia 1.6T petrol which when you looked underneath had a proper dual system including two silencers, but no visible tailpipes at all. Therefore there must have been a good engineering reason.

Sometimes its best not to just make stuff up.

I'd imagine it has a rather large 4" or 5" cat right after the turbo then splits into a dual 1.5-1.75" exhaust to aid flow while keeping noise down.

Man of Honour
If you’ve been anywhere near one you’d realise that they are all plumbed in. Have to agree with the other comments though, does it really need quad pipes?

Probably find if you cut the silencer open that when in sport/race mode and the flaps open on the second set of tips the exhaust gases flow through a less silenced chamber

Soldato
The outer pipes are pretty much fake and don't really do anything.
Well apart from not being fake, and working exactly as the inner pipes depending on engine mode you are spot on. Seems a lot of effort for a couple of fake pipes. http://www.vdubnews.com/volkswagen-works-akrapovic-golf-r-exhaust

HAHA!! I was going to say exactly the same lol.

On most with the quad exit, the left hand set are on a vac actuator and will only open if you boot it. 90% of the time for normal driving, the right hand exits are the main ones. They're not fake in the slightest ROFL

Soldato
So they convert more engine power in to extra noise when they open. They have no real mechanical purpose (such as reducing back pressure) and it's just a valve with a motor on it connected to the button, so fake :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Proper supercar exhaust, split flow but only a single pipe either side (I'm assuming quads are single pipe on each side as well, there's a choice of either single or twin on either side).IMGhttps://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0093/4292/products/PERP9634KITX-PERP9634KITXFLAP_1400x.png?v=1512918180

** Do Not hotlink images **

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
So they convert more engine power in to extra noise when they open. They have no real mechanical purpose (such as reducing back pressure) and it's just a valve with a motor on it connected to the button, so fake :p
Sometimes it's better to just stop digging.

Back
Top Bottom