• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Its a shame they ballsed this rollout as you would want a positive experience to make a statement that your software team is upping the game. It should have gone beta for a few versions but then again all things released these days are rushed. Who remembers getting floppy discs on magazines to update things, they were that rare because it usually was shipped in the box working properly in the first place!

Technology has come along way since floppy discs my friend.

Soldato
I'm getting weird fan revving with 18.12.3 as it hovers above and just below 50c, it's annoying. It seems to be high rpm or off, nothing in between.

Soldato
18.12.2 are borked for me, the first set of Amd drivers I've have issues with in years. Installed but after restart soon as the drivers loads in Windows I get a black screen. Had to remove them in safe mode to fix. Back on previous drivers and all good again. Haven't tried 18.13.3 yet......

Soldato
Just updated to 18.12.3 but now have no 0 rpm mode on my sapphire pulse vega 56.

I can’t set fans below 30% in Wattman.
Do I need to roll back?

Soldato
Just updated to 18.12.3 but now have no 0 rpm mode on my sapphire pulse vega 56.

I can’t set fans below 30% in Wattman.
Do I need to roll back?
Just been googling around and whilst I suspect it’s a **** up rather than intentional the 0db idle feature seems to have been removed in the latest driver.

Going to roll back for now but unless they sort their **** out my time with AMD will be very short indeed.

Caporegime
It's probably to avoid a constantly changing fan noise that is considered more annoying than one that stays the same until it jumps to the next point.

Unless I'm mistaken we can't add anymore points which vastly limits the usability. The static points are far more annoying because of this.

Football Manager has me wanting to chuck my PC away. Whirring for a second and then silence and then whirring again.

Soldato
0db mode is a real deal breaker for me. The browsing/office watching films etc. Sat here now with my once ‘silent’ pc sounding like an aircraft.

Really AMD?

Soldato
0db mode is a real deal breaker for me. The browsing/office watching films etc. Sat here now with my once ‘silent’ pc sounding like an aircraft.

Really AMD?

Personally have the Strix Vega 64 and it's pretty quiet, At 30% it's inaudible, If it sounds like an aircraft then it's not reporting the speed correctly and it's running much higher than 30%, I have a Sapphire 580 Nitro + Limited Edition in my server and even at 40% it's really quiet and it's basically the same fan setup as the Vega 56 Pulse version you have.

Soldato
A fan spinning at 30% sounds like an aircraft? Somehow i really doubt it.
I suppose I am use to my 0db mode.

Yes ok some exaggeration;)

But very noticeable for someone who is has a silent house and is a silent pc fanatic. Plus an advertised feature of the card no longer works. I have now rolled back to 18.12.1 and silence has been restored. It was very apparent when the old driver kicked back in and the fans switched off. I doubt I’m the only one who values this feature they have paid for and if it no longer works on the latest drivers it’s maybe RMA time.
@Dicehunter I used to have the strix 1080 and yes that was a great cooler and very quiet. The Saphire pulse isn’t as quiet imo.

Back
Top Bottom