PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Beat Saber (not on sale but is awesome)

In the sale I have bought these so far after reading up on them all:

Batman Arkham VR
SuperHot VR
Moss
Firewall Zero Hour & Farpoint (need the aim controller for best experience)
Creed Rise to Glory
Headmaster
Just in Time
I Expect You To Die
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Statik
The Invisible Hours

Superhot is great, if a little short.

I want beat saber but can't justify the cost right now

Soldato
The Invisible Hours is amazing, you'll walk away extremely satisfied. Sadly it's a one and done experience, but I urge you to watch everything and keep an open mind.

My game of the year last time out.

Soldato
The Invisible Hours is amazing, you'll walk away extremely satisfied. Sadly it's a one and done experience, but I urge you to watch everything and keep an open mind.

My game of the year last time out.

Started it tonight. Don't understand why more people don't talk about it, Hidden Gem I think.

Really unique. At the moment I'm following the first chap mostly, may just do that for a first run though then branch off on subsequent playthrough to get the most out of it! But I suppose pausing and rewinding allows you to cover more ground in 1 game

Soldato
Could be any one of them!! Knowing what I know, I'll say rewind the chapters and follow all of the characters before moving on to the next. In your head you will see guilt and motive in all of them through what they say and through observing sinister actions.

The writing and whole way the story interweaves is top draw. The lead writer got picked by Valve for whatever their working on.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally got a chance to setup my PS VR. Loving Astro Bot, definitely the Mario 64 of VR.

On the whole I am impressed, didn't think it be as good as the HTC Vive.
That's great to hear. I've always fancied getting the PSVR but funds never allowed it. Thanks to a particularly benevolent relative this Christmas I got a nice cash injection which means I've been able to buy the mega pack. Picking it up tomorrow, I cannot wait.

Soldato
Finally got a chance to setup my PS VR. Loving Astro Bot, definitely the Mario 64 of VR.

On the whole I am impressed, didn't think it be as good as the HTC Vive.

PSVR has huge shortcomings but its hard to ignore the quality exclusives Sony have invested in (Re7, Astrobot, FWZH). Similarly with Oculus (Lone echo, Robo Recall).

It just leaves me looking at Vive/HTC/Valve.. like come on guys.

Soldato
Tried Firewall Zero Hour this afternoon, got it with the gun accessory for Xmas. Have to say I'm very underwhelmed. The movement aspect spoils it for me. I understand there aren't really any other ways to do it, but I almost would prefer selecting a new position to move into that what it currently has.

Soldato
Tried Firewall Zero Hour this afternoon, got it with the gun accessory for Xmas. Have to say I'm very underwhelmed. The movement aspect spoils it for me. I understand there aren't really any other ways to do it, but I almost would prefer selecting a new position to move into that what it currently has.
Did you change to smooth turn in the game settings, it's on snap turn by default which is pretty rubbish

Soldato
Only played a few things as it does make me feel pretty sick but think I'm starting to get used to some of the more gentle games. Astrobot is great fun, as is beat sabre but anything that has quick movement is too much at the min. :o

Having a slight issue with it tracking the dualshock controller,. Headset and move controllers work fine but the dualshock keeps ending up in the wrong position on screen as if I've turned it all the way to the right or sometimes pointing backwards. Any tips on how to fix that?

Soldato
Only played a few things as it does make me feel pretty sick but think I'm starting to get used to some of the more gentle games. Astrobot is great fun, as is beat sabre but anything that has quick movement is too much at the min. :o

Having a slight issue with it tracking the dualshock controller,. Headset and move controllers work fine but the dualshock keeps ending up in the wrong position on screen as if I've turned it all the way to the right or sometimes pointing backwards. Any tips on how to fix that?
I found lighting and camera position made a difference, I try and darken the room as much as possible and have the camera about 8 in above my head, I also play about 6ft from the camera

Soldato
Any way to fix the image feeling like it's slightly centred off to the left? Holding the start button repositions it just off, or maybe it's just me being silly! It's not much but doesn't seem right

And is the short Battlefront VR mission worth £3 For a pre Owned copy of that game? Will only be used for that VR mission

Associate
Any way to fix the image feeling like it's slightly centred off to the left? Holding the start button repositions it just off, or maybe it's just me being silly! It's not much but doesn't seem right

And is the short Battlefront VR mission worth £3 For a pre Owned copy of that game? Will only be used for that VR mission
Shutting the system off not standby usually sorts tracking issues out or you could move camera slightly.
As for battlefront if you're a star wars fan then definitely I still enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom