*** World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth ***

Associate
If anyone wants to start new chars or plays Alliance on Silvermoon we are more than happy to give you a home (even temporarily) for leveling etc. Mainly running 5 man m+ and helping out with dungeons etc.

Core group of 5-7 people atm but happy to grow it and can run groups through stuff.

Drop me a message

Heretian#2280 on BattleNet is easiest as I am usually switching between characters.

Associate
Which server/race is the OCUK guild please? Looking to fire the subscription back up and get rocking again over the festive period!

Second to that, is they any specific classes/specs that are desirable at the moment so I can be useful at end game.

Associate
I don't know if there is a full OcUK guild. There is a chat but I think most on there are Alliance.

If you want a guild and starting again see my post a couple above yours :) All welcome. Bring your friends. The bigger we can grow it the more we can do. Its just a casual guild of friends.

Soldato
Oddly enough I was listening to the original Westfall soundtrack and it brought back great memories so I resubbed a few days ago.

I got to 120 yesterday but still have loads to do - especially levelling up mining.

Sure the quests are all the same really (collect this and kill that) but the back story and reasons for doing each quest are much better.

Have to say I’m really enjoying it - feels great to have a character that needs so much improvement and to save so much ahead of me.

Associate
I don't know if there is a full OcUK guild. There is a chat but I think most on there are Alliance.

If you want a guild and starting again see my post a couple above yours :) All welcome. Bring your friends. The bigger we can grow it the more we can do. Its just a casual guild of friends.

I'll re sub and head on over ✌

Associate
Resubbed and created a human level 1 warrior called ThomThoms. Early quests are the usual repetitive collect this, etc. But as above mentioned, the back story is much more interesting.

Associate
Anyone got any comments on the DX12 performance with the newest patch yet? is it much better than before? or still garbage? :)
Theres a blue post on this that states Nivida users wont see any performance gains using DX12 as it is already highly optimised for 11. DX12 is supposed to only offer performance improvements for AMD card users. There are no visual improvements with 12 over DX11 regardless.

Soldato
Well, I resubbed and bought Battle for Azeroth, and I'm enjoying myself at the moment. I went from level 23 to level 31 yesterday. I think this is going to be my main game for at least the next couple of months.

Associate
Just waiting for Xmas hiatus to Be over. So many people vanish for a while nothing can be arranged. Been levelling a paladin for a bit of a distraction.

I haz 4090!
Don
I've started playing again. Haven't really played regularly since TBC. Does seem a lot more dumbed down than it used to be, but as I have less free time since becoming old, I think I prefer the way it is today (although I will be trying classic). Bought BFA and I've boosted a monk, levelling that up to 120 and trying some instance tanking. Having fun, I love the damage staggering of brewmaster. :)

Soldato
This request is going to be a real newbie question, but I have a problem with shaky hands (nothing to do with WoW it is just a small problem I have). Is it possible to set up the game so I can cast spells by hitting hotkeys on the keyboard? I'm a level 37 Monk in the healer spec and could use some help as it is causing me to let people die because my hands shake so much on the mouse I can't click the bloomin' spell buttons. If my shaky hands weren't so annoying, I'd laugh at the problem.

If that is not possible can anyone recommend an MMO mouse so I can map the keys on the mouse to spell casting buttons? Even if it is possible to use the keyboard, it would be great if someone could recommend a decent MMO mouse all the same.

Soldato
OK. Had a play around with the keybinds and now my heal spells are 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the numpad and targeting is F1, F2, F3, F4 and F5. That should help me out a lot. I can do all of the important stuff with the keyboard and forget about the mouse most of the time unless I need to DPS. I'm fine when playing on my own with the mouse.

Qel

Qel

Associate
You can also use macros to add modifiers like shift alt or control so you could have two or three spells on the one button so below if you put this macro on the button bound to 2, if you press 2 it uses ability1, if you do shift+2 it uses ability2 and so on:
/cast [nomodifier] Ability1; [modifier:shift] Ability2; [modifier:alt] Ability3;

You can shift+click the abilities in the spellbook to add the names to the macro window.

Many healers also use mouseover macros so they can just hover their cursor over the player's unit frame and hit the button to cast the heal without having to click and target them directly e.g.
/cast [target=mouseover]Rejuvenation;

Plenty of guides out there will go into a lot more detail on what you can do with macros/keybindings. There are also addons out there like Clique or Vuhdo which can help set this sort of thing up for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can also use macros to add modifiers like shift alt or control so you could have two or three spells on the one button so below if you put this macro on the button bound to 2, if you press 2 it uses ability1, if you do shift+2 it uses ability2 and so on:
/cast [nomodifier] Ability1; [modifier:shift] Ability2; [modifier:alt] Ability3;

You can shift+click the abilities in the spellbook to add the names to the macro window.

Many healers also use mouseover macros so they can just hover their cursor over the player's unit frame and hit the button to cast the heal without having to click and target them directly e.g.
/cast [target=mouseover]Rejuvenation;

Plenty of guides out there will go into a lot more detail on what you can do with macros/keybindings. There are also addons out there like Clique or Vuhdo which can help set this sort of thing up for you.

Oh, that is cool. I'll have to do some reading on how to set everything up. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom