Doctor Who

Soldato
watching the video ... 5917 and seeing the image with jw wearing braces, long coat, reminded me that they have not chosen to dress her in a feminine way,
rather asexual ? this seems the wrong message.
scanned back to an older, original, femail role model = Purdie ... business like dress, but you had no doubts. eg https://youtu.be/PUIPY80XoAw?t=73

Soldato
Interesting take on the SJW/feminist agenda (skip to 7m 36s)

It just makes me sad when I see things like that. How lonely and miserable someone's life must be to watch this stuff without just bursting out laughing. To sit there festering in your basement convincing yourself that the SJWs are out to get you.

Is the pre-roll advert not a big enough clue that these misery-merchants are just trying to cash in on unhappy people's desire to apportion blame for their unhappiness anywhere but at themselves?

Last edited:
Caporegime
It just makes me sad when I see things like that. How lonely and miserable someone's life must be to watch this stuff without just bursting out laughing. To sit there festering in your basement convincing yourself that the SJWs are out to get you.

Is the pre-roll advert not a big enough clue that these misery-merchants are just trying to cash in on unhappy people's desire to apportion blame for their unhappiness anywhere but at themselves?

His whole channel is full of that sort of crap:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDVb4m_5QHhZElT47E1oODg/videos

One of his earliest videos is "Star Wars: The Force Awakens is feminist propaganda"

Soldato
Personally, I wouldn't say it was garbage; but it hasn't been what I'd call good. For me, it's been OK. Something to watch on a Sunday evening.

Soldato
No story arcs ie Bad Wolf, no screen presence from the Doctor, no memorable baddies and no great speeches from the Doc.

Poor start for the new Doctor.

Caporegime
Bad Wolf could barely be described as a story arc, it was a series of one off episodes with a few easter eggs tying it into the final episode. A story arc has to have a story that arc over multiple episodes. Doctor Who the story was all in the final episode.

Man of Honour
The Rotten Tomatoes audience score for season 11 is down to just 28%. RIP Doctor Who. It looks like the original lore was right; the Doctor can only regenerate 12 times. I'm not sure what this 13th incarnation is but it's not the Doctor.

Associate
No,no,no. You don't understand.

Ratings don't matter. People on the internet who've whinged about every aspect of Doctor Who for the past 5 years didn't like it, it's time to shut this **** down.

Soldato
The Rotten Tomatoes audience score for season 11 is down to just 28%. RIP Doctor Who. It looks like the original lore was right; the Doctor can only regenerate 12 times. I'm not sure what this 13th incarnation is but it's not the Doctor.

Oh, it's still the Doctor all right.

Don't be taken in by the angry incels bombarding Rotten Tomatoes to bring down the score. Last time I looked the actual audience figures for this season were well above that for Capaldi's final season (this isn't a slur on Capaldi as I liked him as the Doctor and enjoyed season 10).

In fact let me save you the trouble of Googling the audience numbers - you can see them for yourself here:

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-11-2018-uk-ratings-accumulator-88397.htm

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-10-2017-uk-ratings-accumulator-84045.htm

Jodie is pulling in literally millions more viewers with the least watched episodes from season 11 being right up there with the most watched episodes from season 10.

Soldato

Ratings don't matter. People on the internet who've whinged about every aspect of Doctor Who for the past 5 years didn't like it, it's time to shut this **** down.

Indeed. I had a conversation the other day with someone who was telling me how rubbish this season is and how it has been ruined by having a female Doctor etc. However, as they haven't had a good word to say about any season of Doctor Who since the reboot (they don't appear to have ever moved on from Jon Pertwee) I tend to take their views with a dimensionally transcendental pinch of salt.

Soldato

Angry internet trolls bringing down scores mean nothing .viewing figures are what broadcasters look for when renewing shows .they are what matters .

Jodie has been great so far for me and I look forward to Resolution of the Dalek on New Year's Day .

Back
Top Bottom