Xbox One X

Soldato
Hopefully someone can answer this....

I've got Xbox credit ... Looking to get more , but this credit will have a use by date of Feb 2019.

If I buy something , will Xbox use the limited time credit first ?

When you go to buy something via the MS store it should give you the option to choose between any credit OR your registered Credit/Debit card. If you use the credit it will use the earliest expiring credit first.

One thing to note, if you purchase a pre-order title and make a part payment with Xbox credit and a Credit/Debit card, Microsoft only take payment 10 days before so if your Xbox credit expires before this, you will lose it. Had this happen to me after a Microsoft Store Support assistant said that it wouldn't expire and said to contact them 24 hours later. Needless to say the credit did expire as the pre-order hadn't been billed. Thankfully Microsoft credited me 3 months of Xbox Live for the £5 Xbox credit lost.

Soldato
Caved and ordered the 12month game pass deal on amazon. Order is still showing as pending for me, how long do you have before you activate the code?

Soldato
Caved and ordered the 12month game pass deal on amazon. Order is still showing as pending for me, how long do you have before you activate the code?
The code should be available under Your Orders list > then Go to Your Games Library. You can simply cut and past this code into the Xbox App on Windows 10 to redeem it OR via the dashboard.

There is likely an expiry duration (likely to be 90 days if it's like the MS/Xbox gift credit that you can claim via MS Rewards) for redeeming the code but asking Microsoft in the past they simply referred me back to Amazon as they are the retailer of the code and should state this on the product page, which Amazon don't.

If you already have a current Game Pass subscription, you can stack this on top like the Live sub. If you are in a trial month, wait for the last few days and then redeem the 12 month code. At least for me, I claimed a 6 month code after a couple of weeks and it started the full subscription immediately and I lost the remaining few weeks of my trial period.

Soldato
My gf is going to use the old Xbox One, can I use my game pass on 2 Xboxes at same time? And she use her account under mine with game pass?

Also, if I install a game on my one X, then I install the same game on the one, will it download much quicker and transfer all content from the one X rather than download off the internet?

Associate
My gf is going to use the old Xbox One, can I use my game pass on 2 Xboxes at same time? And she use her account under mine with game pass?

Also, if I install a game on my one X, then I install the same game on the one, will it download much quicker and transfer all content from the one X rather than download off the internet?

Yes you can share gamepass/live/ea access

Down to your network speed vs internet speed.

Associate
Just picked up an Xbox One X with Red Dead Redemption 2, Forza Horizons 4, Fallout 76, a month of the game pass and a month of gold.

Also came with a £30 card, any recommendations on a game with either a long story or a lot of replay value while their sale is still on?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just picked up an Xbox One X with Red Dead Redemption 2, Forza Horizons 4, Fallout 7 a month of the game pass and a month of gold.

Also came with a £30 card, any recommendations on a game with either a long story or a lot of replay value while their sale is still on?

Xbox game pass is £24 for 6 months. A lot of gaming for the money.

Soldato
Just picked up an Xbox One X with Red Dead Redemption 2, Forza Horizons 4, Fallout 7 a month of the game pass and a month of gold.

Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition

or Assassins Creed Odyssey.

Associate
Assassin's Creed Odyssey is £27.50 and that is a very long story!

Xbox game pass is £24 for 6 months. A lot of gaming for the money.

Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition

or Assassins Creed Odyssey.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I've tried to get into Witcher 3 so many times but always end up disliking it after a few of the transitions into playing as Ciri. Will give AC Odyssey a look though.

Got a month of the game pass to test it out, probably will extend it as it's not a bad trade off for access to a selection of games.

Soldato

I ordered the same after having a blast in Horizon 4 and Ashen. Loads of other games I wanted to play so £48 seemed like a good deal.

For me I was able to follow the link in my email (I assume also visible within my orders on Amazon) and it auto copied the code and opened the redemption page on the Microsoft store.

EDIT: Can anyone recommend (from use) a decent entry level complete wheel/pedals and shifter set for both the Xbox and PC?

I am weighing up the likes of the Logitech G920 as its seems a good buy for £180. Reading reviews does suggest it isn't the greatest but the other options (Thrustmaster TMX with 3 pedal set and shifter) seem a lot more expensive.

My idea was to pick up a cheaper (yet still decent set first before moving (jumping?) up to a Fanatec setup if I really enjoy it.

Associate
Apparently I had AC Odyssey on the PC and never realised...
Ended up adding a little bit extra to the funds on my Xbox and got Resident Evil 5 & 6 as I realised I've never played those ones and both were on offer for £6.40 each and Nier: Automata. Tempted to pre-order Genesis Alpha One as well, looks fairly interesting.

Associate
Anyone hear their XB1 making a noise when it is off? Like hard drive/disc intermittent whirring? I dont know if its doing an update or something but its annoying

Back
Top Bottom