Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
Science tiemz!

Take a pipe. Split it in four. Now blow through it. Then block two holes and blow again. Notice a difference? That's how exhausts work.

Only if your using 4 separate pipes. Otherwise it's only going to flow as quickly as the mid section allows.

Soldato
Yes, because there more engineering reasons for 4 tips than just whether it flows well enough to no pose a restriction

The reason is "looks sick innit bruv". Also to get a nice sound while still being inside legal limits. But you could change the back box to a single outlet and see no difference to performance.

In fact you'll probably find the really high end, custom made race spec exhausts do just that as it saves weight.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What. He’s talking about exhausts with no purpose yet the point of it being made to be compliant with road noise drive by and enable two modes of noise seems to be missed.

A race exhaust would make more power but won’t ever be allowed to be standard fit.

At least the tailpipes are connected to the exhaust. Some cars don’t even do that !

Soldato
What. He’s talking about exhausts with no purpose yet the point of it being made to be compliant with road noise drive by and enable two modes of noise seems to be missed.

A race exhaust would make more power but won’t ever be allowed to be standard fit.

At least the tailpipes are connected to the exhaust. Some cars don’t even do that !

I'm sure I read somewhere they've done this on the new 911 to save costs on insurance repairs from being rear ended, I assume itits to try and stop the manifolds from cracking. With the exhaust being so short, there's not going to be much give. Although I'm sure some do it for emisions.

Soldato
First Lamborghini Urus I've seen actually on the road. I did walk past it at first.

2dTNAZH
46531207931_c32319e80d_b.jpg

32657962498_78bbba68e5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom