*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Well my switch collection has expanded slightly this Christmas... form just Zelda, Odyssey, Rabids and Mario kart to also have:
Captain Toad Treasure tracker
Starlink
Diablo 3
Xenoblade 2

But considering:
Valkyria chronicles 4
Civ 6 (but have both of these already on pc)

Octopath traveller
Capcom beat em up collection
Starlink complete dlc (but haven’t actually played starlink)

Any issues with the above games?

Man of Honour
Well my switch collection has expanded slightly this Christmas... form just Zelda, Odyssey, Rabids and Mario kart to also have:
Captain Toad Treasure tracker
Starlink
Diablo 3
Xenoblade 2

But considering:
Valkyria chronicles 4
Civ 6 (but have both of these already on pc)

Octopath traveller
Capcom beat em up collection
Starlink complete dlc (but haven’t actually played starlink)

Any issues with the above games?

Not a single indie game in that list :(

Soldato

I'd really like to play Gris, but £14.49 for an indie game that lasts 3 hours is a bit much don't you think?

The Switch is great as a platform for indies but I don't think they necessarily warrant the standard Nintendo tax.

Not an indie game but I'd love to pick up Doom on the Switch just to see how it plays as pretty amazing they got it running at all but is £40, can be had on the PS4 for £6... I know it's a different system but c'mon guys!

Soldato
Yet I'll end up getting it again just to 'make sure'. I still spent about 20-30h on it even with my perceived lack of enjoyment at the time.

It's odd, when I watched some reviews of it last night I felt excited about it again, but then when I play I don't feel it, or maybe it's because I never adjusted to the pace of it.

There isn't really a pace, it's a game to be taken as you see fit. Personally loved it, I can see it's flawed though. Lack of story isn't one of my complaints though, as the memories and searching for them fleshed out the world enough. I loved how well the world worked and how it reacted as you would expect so much more than many other games

Associate
I'd really like to play Gris, but £14.49 for an indie game that lasts 3 hours is a bit much don't you think?

The Switch is great as a platform for indies but I don't think they necessarily warrant the standard Nintendo tax.

Not an indie game but I'd love to pick up Doom on the Switch just to see how it plays as pretty amazing they got it running at all but is £40, can be had on the PS4 for £6... I know it's a different system but c'mon guys!

Gris was available from the Russia eShop for about £4

**edit**
Just checked, it's up to about £14 now.

Soldato
There isn't really a pace, it's a game to be taken as you see fit. Personally loved it, I can see it's flawed though. Lack of story isn't one of my complaints though, as the memories and searching for them fleshed out the world enough. I loved how well the world worked and how it reacted as you would expect so much more than many other games

That's what I meant about the pace, there was always a bit more sense of urgency in the others due to the more linear approach and that's what I never really got used to.

As an aside, ebay is 15% off today above £20 spend and that applies to 'normal' people auctions etc too.

Soldato
Yet I'll end up getting it again just to 'make sure'. I still spent about 20-30h on it even with my perceived lack of enjoyment at the time.

It's odd, when I watched some reviews of it last night I felt excited about it again, but then when I play I don't feel it, or maybe it's because I never adjusted to the pace of it.

Breath of the Wild is the only Zelda I've really enjoyed, in fact I love it and consider it one of the finest games ever made.

I had Zelda II on the NES but was beyond me at that age, I tried again with a Links Awakening on the Game Boy but all the trudging back and fourth killed it for me, dipped in and out over the years and had hoped I'd 'get it' with Wind Waker but was another swing and a miss for me.

Keep wanting to try out Majoras Mask or Twilight Princess but don't think they'll hold up now, it's different if you played them at the time and loved them, that's how I feel about Oblivion as I know it's not as good technically etc. as Skyrim but will always be the superior game to me.

Associate

It isn’t something done on purpose, just because the main indie games I would get on this I already have on pc.

Celeste is something I have held off on until it gets a discount. I will probably pick up tiny metal too when it gets a discount on the 7th jan.

The 15% off eBay meant I couldn't resist valkyria for £25...

The rest of my potential purchases will probably be via eshop.

Associate
Some advice guys.

I currently have
Zelda
MK8
Mario
Rabbids
Dark Souls
Xenoblade

I've finished all of these. I don't play a huge amount of games anymore but I have enjoyed pretty much every one of them my fav was Xenoblade.

What should I be considering next? maybe smash?

Man of Honour
Keep wanting to try out Majoras Mask or Twilight Princess but don't think they'll hold up now, it's different if you played them at the time and loved them, that's how I feel about Oblivion as I know it's not as good technically etc. as Skyrim but will always be the superior game to me.

They still hold up very well, particularly MM on the 3DS, but from your post you just don't seem to be a fan of Zelda games.

Man of Honour
I do just jump off the level when there's lag as I'm not interested in playing laggy matches, even if I could easily win.

I also jump off whenever I'm forced to play stupid match settings because Nintendo won't let me choose to play without items and stage hazards in every match.

Associate
Won a Switch at work, came with Mario Kart , but I have since brought Diablo 3 , Hollow Knight and Cat Quest. Also the obligatory screen protector is on and I have brought the OEM Nintendo case.

Next game to get is prolly Zelda if I can ween off playing Diablo. Decent bit but wished the battery life was a bit better.

Soldato
I do just jump off the level when there's lag as I'm not interested in playing laggy matches, even if I could easily win.

I also jump off whenever I'm forced to play stupid match settings because Nintendo won't let me choose to play without items and stage hazards in every match.

Don't blame you! I played a hideous stage last night, seemed like a warioware theme. A tap poor water everywhere and forces you to the edges, prior to a tornado throwing you all over the shop! *fun*

Won a Switch at work, came with Mario Kart , but I have since brought Diablo 3 , Hollow Knight and Cat Quest. Also the obligatory screen protector is on and I have brought the OEM Nintendo case.

Next game to get is prolly Zelda if I can ween off playing Diablo. Decent bit but wished the battery life was a bit better.

What s Cat Quest like? Looks pretty good from the shots

Back
Top Bottom