GT86/GR86/BRZ

Soldato
I daily drove a manual GT86 60 miles a day for the best part of a year until I got t-boned and car was written off.

If the new supra drives anything like it, handling wise, it will be a winner.

Soldato
I think it's actually a smaller car too. I'd like to test one back to back with my GT86 to see how the handling compares. It will be tough to beat the GT86, it's about as well balanced as you can get.

Expect prices to be reaching 50k I bet. It's supposed to be taking on the Cayman. But you'll certainly get more standard kit than a Cayman and a meatier engine!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah lower CoG than the 86 and stiffer than an LFA, yet no carbon. Bonkers when you think about it.

Don’t forget the Cayman was also the benchmark car for the 86 so doesn’t hold true for pricing, but I’d be not be surprised if it came in around that sort of figure. The latest yellow teaser photo looks great though, I love the rear.

Soldato
Yeah lower CoG than the 86 and stiffer than an LFA, yet no carbon. Bonkers when you think about it.

Without carbon fiber it could mean it ends up being quite heavy due to loads of chassis bracing. Unless they found a better way of making it stiffer.

Soldato
Lol yep, that is the problem with the last 15 years of Toyota. All their cards except the 86 are boring :p

They don't keep new GT86s around to use as courtesy cars. Most of the time they only get them in as they are ordered.
For a year now have had a 2004 Yaris 1.0 VVt-i as a second car/runabout. There's a lot to be said for small and light cars being fun. It's great around town. This thing weighs just about 800KG :). Keep the revs up and while it's not fast, I can have fun in the thing. Only done 30k miles too.
Light cars by their nature can be good fun.

Looking forward to seeing the new Supra.

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_1rerIFO9s

23mph. The wide angle lens gives it the impression of being fairly tame, but it felt a lot worse at the time. :D

There's a right hand turn, just after some traffic lights near me, that has made me do this twice now. At exactly the same speed as in your video, 23mph. :D It caught me off guard the first time, and I thought maybe i'd pulled away too quickly. But then today driving completely normally, it did it again.

Soldato
The stock tyres aren't really crap tyres, they are still around £100 each. They just don't have much rolling resistance and are made to be economical (they last ages).

But yea the car is very slidey when the temperatures drop. The TC will allow quite a lot of sliding before it kicks in too. Winters help.

Last edited:
Soldato
Seen one of these crash at the weekend.

6e57b02f2cffa5c5ed4e1546b88f5a6c-full.png

Back
Top Bottom