Black Mirror: Bandersnatch - Season 5

Associate
Same here, very good I thought.

Nice touch at the end of the credits, especially if you have a ZX Spectrum handy..

Soldato
Yeah I tried to watch it on my phone and it wouldn't let me as incompatible.
I'll try it later on the TV.

Not sure I like the idea though as having options means I could then have to rewatch I to see what the alternatives were.

Soldato
So without anyone posting spoilers, how many choices are you asked to make during the show?

As i've just read the following and over a trillion permutations seems insane.

As the episode progresses, viewers are invited to make the lead character's choices for him - decisions that send the plot in different directions.

The resulting episode has more than a trillion unique permutations due to all the potential variants involved.

Soldato
I made around a dozen and that was over 90 minutes. You can finish it in 40 minutes so I guess it depends on what you choose.

Cheers, I think i'll watch through this tonight.

Still haven't watched all the other episodes but been watching sporadically over the years, get that Black Mirror hangover where you need a few weeks break after some episodes.

Man of Honour
Think I was watching for about an hour or so and jumped back on a couple of them. I'll watch it again and take another path soon. Had to laugh at the 'trillion' permutations quote.

Associate
Started watching about an hour and a half ago and loving it so far.

Turns out you can choose the 'wrong' option where the story just ends. Had a few endings that way.

Is there an ultimate ending to it?

Breaking the 4th wall and fighting the Dr. Was a little unexpected

Caporegime
Absolutely fascinating, I think I did everything that could be done, really clever nods within itself.

I did everything, from going back in time and change the bunny situation, to learning about PACs, and killed pretty much everyone I had the option to at some point.
Breaking the 4th wall to the point of controlling the lady who actually programmed the Netflix show was ace.
I reckon I did it all as the final credits didn't give me any more flashback options.

Great stuff!

Soldato
It's good not great but the technology here from Netflix is very impressive.

I wish it had a bit more of a meaningful plot. I got a lot of the 'endings' and none of them were particular satisfying.

There were some great moments that I thought they were going to roll with but don't such as near the beginning with colin and his game, and the drug trip. The early half definitely implied he can time travel only for them to completely switch towards the end. Which means they only put it in because of the interactivity element and them trying to get round the restart issue.

Also Will Poulter is an amazing actor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom