CMD16GX4M2B3200C16

Associate
Hi, really wanting to get my memory running at 3200mhz been at 2133mhz for some time now. Tried XMP profiles but get BSOD after a while and also tried manually entering the timings. Not sure if anyone can give me any advice on looser timings or anything i may be doing wrong?

Soldato
Assuming it's the system in your signature? You've tried the obvious thing so now you will have to go down the route of looking at BIOS updates or similar as compatibility may have improved if you have an old BIOS.

Just remember to right down any overclock settings you have as it will reset to defaults if you do update.

Also I notice it's a MSI board. Does it have memory try it! ? You would need to find out what manufacturer chips are on your Corsair sticks (hynix, Samsung or micron) and it has preset speeds and timings by manufacturer you could try.

Associate
OP
Assuming it's the system in your signature? You've tried the obvious thing so now you will have to go down the route of looking at BIOS updates or similar as compatibility may have improved if you have an old BIOS.

Just remember to right down any overclock settings you have as it will reset to defaults if you do update.

Also I notice it's a MSI board. Does it have memory try it! ? You would need to find out what manufacturer chips are on your Corsair sticks (hynix, Samsung or micron) and it has preset speeds and timings by manufacturer you could try.

Yes my system is the one currently listed in my signature, i have the latest Bios already (i am an update freak :D). Funny you should mention that because i was just looking at it in the Bios "Memory try it" never used it before. I think C16 sticks are Hynix.

Ahh thaiphoon burner couldn't tell me anything
https://gyazo.com/115269595ebc053c4ac036c2e78a7a44

After some digging around people seem to be saying ver4.24 is Samsung E-Die.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Update* (for anyone with a similar issue)

It has been 10days since changing the bios settings using "Memory try it!" and everything seems to be running nice and smooth, thanks again @Finners only took me 2years of using this memory to get it running faster than 2133Mhz :D.

Soldato
Update* (for anyone with a similar issue)

It has been 10days since changing the bios settings using "Memory try it!" and everything seems to be running nice and smooth, thanks again @Finners only took me 2years of using this memory to get it running faster than 2133Mhz :D.

Glad you got it sorted. Have you noticed any improvement?

Back
Top Bottom