*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
What s Cat Quest like? Looks pretty good from the shots

Totally worth it for £4.49 on the eshop , I had it on the iOS and it is fun and quirky in terms of story. It’s a simple action RPG with quite a lot of replay value. Multiple play modes unlock once completed and plenty of secrets and Easter eggs to be found. Worth it if you can get it at a reduced price.

Man of Honour
Missed the delivery today but it's coming tomorrow before midday and having watched some youtube of octopath traveller I am thinking it's a must have. Loved FF7 and have played through it a good couple of times on ps1 and pc and it looks like it plays exactly like it. Anybody got and played it? What do you think?

Soldato
Next game to get is prolly Zelda if I can ween off playing Diablo. Decent bit but wished the battery life was a bit better.

Definitely grab Zelda, is utterly brilliant, I'd love to be able to play it for the first time again without knowing anything (I'd avoided a lot of coverage before release).

Hope you enjoy it.

Know what you mean about the battery, hopefully the inevitable 'new' Switch might have some improvements but going to struggle to get more than 2 hours in high end games.

A lot of folks use an external battery pack, you can get a 20k mHA one for about £20, Eurogamer did a roundup a while back I think, the RavPower was about 25k mHA and gave between 10 and 12 hours of life IIRC.

Have a Google, there are plenty of those sorts of comparisons about, you just need to make sure the one you buy has enough output to be able to charge while playing.

Soldato
If a new Switch does come out next* year and the screen is 'better' I'll be annoyed. As in a resolution bump not just changing to LCD/OLED or whatever. I'd sell mine right away and have to replace it because I'm an idiot like that.

Soldato
Missed the delivery today but it's coming tomorrow before midday and having watched some youtube of octopath traveller I am thinking it's a must have. Loved FF7 and have played through it a good couple of times on ps1 and pc and it looks like it plays exactly like it. Anybody got and played it? What do you think?

There is a very meaty demo you can download once the system arrives. Think its like the first 3 hours of the game!

Associate
Well got a switch for Christmas. Only got Mario Kart with it.
Just wondering what the must have games are?
I'm definitely after Zelda as my all time favourite game is Ocarina of Time. Hoping it's as good.
My main consoles is a PS4 Pro.

Associate
I've got it and I must say it's fantastic I loved every moment of it the hunter is my favourite character out of them all love her combat style and story

Associate
Well got a switch for Christmas. Only got Mario Kart with it.
Just wondering what the must have games are?
I'm definitely after Zelda as my all time favourite game is Ocarina of Time. Hoping it's as good.
My main consoles is a PS4 Pro.

For me must have games are
Octopath travelers if you like RPGs it has a great story great visuals and a good combat system ( turn based)

Xenoblade 2 fantastic game I absolutely love it I have well over 200+ hours on it it has such a good story and I even felt a little sorry for the bad guys

Dark souls

Starlink battle for atlas this is such a beautiful and stunning looking game it reminds me of no man's sky visually due to the vibrant colours they used if you're into space games then you may like this as it's a RPG based in space

Soldato
For me must have games are
Octopath travelers if you like RPGs it has a great story great visuals and a good combat system ( turn based)

Xenoblade 2 fantastic game I absolutely love it I have well over 200+ hours on it it has such a good story and I even felt a little sorry for the bad guys

Dark souls

Starlink battle for atlas this is such a beautiful and stunning looking game it reminds me of no man's sky visually due to the vibrant colours they used if you're into space games then you may like this as it's a RPG based in space
I think I want to finally try Xenoblade 2 now. It seemed a bit like marmite at launch but it sounds like many players got a lot out of it, like yourself. Need something meaty!

Associate
I think I want to finally try Xenoblade 2 now. It seemed a bit like marmite at launch but it sounds like many players got a lot out of it, like yourself. Need something meaty!
Yea not going to lie the first few hours are rather tedious as there is a lot to learn about the game and combat so they break it up and only teach you things at certain points but once that's over damn the game is amazing and the combat becomes so much more and a heck of a lot of fun!

Soldato
The better the timing the more loot/ better loot you get

Yes I meant I didn't understand exactly where I had to press to get the good timing because it was never clear to me. I recall there was a tutorial which mentioned the timing but not actually you have to get the line inside the smaller circle or on it etc.

Soldato
Folks, is it my imagination or was is there a feature or mode in SSBU where it would display the input that you just made and describe the input in question? I thought I saw this in training mode but for the life of me I cant find it but couldve swore I have seen this before?

Back
Top Bottom