What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Loved the third series of Fortitude, sad it was short but Richard Dormer was absolutely fantastic as Sherrif Dan!

I live in hope that we'll see more of this show. Sadly, i don't think it got the viewing figures necessary to make it happen.

Finished Das Boot. It was really good! There's an interesting plot on-shore involving the Resistance as well as the tension and drama happening on the U-Boat itself. I've seen every iteration of the original and i prefer this. Glad to hear a second season is already on the books.

Soldato
Roots - the 2016 ish one. On iPlayer

It's heavy going, in a... spritual?..... sense. Find myself struggling to watch too much in one go. concerned it will be just 8 hours of unending sadness. It feels important, though.

Soldato
Recently finished Black Sails Season 2. Excellent. Season 1 was basically an introduction to the characters and things really got moving in Season 2. A good mix of action, drama, humour and philosophy.

Also just finished Braquo Season 2. Again superb. Lots of characters to keep track of and double-crossing. The only issue I had was that characters would be introduced only to be killed off in the same/next episode. It's a bit too obvious who are the core characters and who are the disposable ones.

I'm looking for something different next so might check out The Expanse.

Soldato
Did you watch Trollhunters too?

I've not started 3Below, but TH was superb. Only started it to check it was suitable for my 8 year old, but watched it all because it was so good :D

He loved it too.

I didn’t know they were linked but once I found out I started watching Trollhunters as soon as I finished 3Below. Next year is the 3rd instalment called Wizards.

Soldato
Up to S2 Ep 9 - really enjoying it and aside from the 'Nick' episode, there is always something going on! (and even the Nick episode was a good backstory for him).

Caporegime
Started on The Office (US). It's mildly amusing but not outright funny. Still watching though. Only just started season 2. I also never watched the UK The Office either.

Permabanned
Rewatching Buffy, first few seasons were solid, but it's getting a bit "every episode is a filler" now.

Started watching Bosch, first season was solid, 2nd season I just can't follow at all, giving up :/

Soldato
Started on The Office (US). It's mildly amusing but not outright funny. Still watching though. Only just started season 2. I also never watched the UK The Office either.

I found this early on but really grew to like it!

I've just watched the most recent Always Sunny in Philadelphia - didn't find the last season very good at all compared to the earlier stuff! :(

Man of Honour
I found this early on but really grew to like it!

I've just watched the most recent Always Sunny in Philadelphia - didn't find the last season very good at all compared to the earlier stuff! :(

I ended up actually liking the US Office much more than the original UK office.

Also liked Always Sunny in Philadelphia but they do seem to be running out of wind (not surprising considering how many seasons they've done now.

Parks and Recreation is another favourite of mine, brilliant to see Chris Pratt before he became well known.

Back
Top Bottom