Coca-Cola from a pub or restaurant.

Associate
Why is Coca-Cola from a pub or restaurant (not fast food) pretty much always flat yet lemonade from the same mixer tap is always perfect.

Will usually buy it in the bottles or cans if available but when complaining and sending the drinks back upon visiting the same establishments again at a later date it's still flat.

Is mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water more difficult or something?

Man of Honour
Is it actually Coca-Cola? a lot of places only sell Pepsi (which IMO is always more flat) - must be cheaper or something.

Soldato
Normally I think it's just a crap mixer setup. When in bottles or cans it's been done by Coca Cola in a factory at their "ideal" settings - I can imagine a lot of companies don't bother to make sure their mixers are setup properly.

Associate
OP
Coca-cola is her go to drink when driving and she usually drives so this is becoming a wide spread problem for her.
McDonald's does it perfect all the time, I just find it strange how some of the best pubs in England know how to prepare and handle beer but Coca-Cola is a complete fail.

Soldato
I like Coke (well Cherry Coke) but if I ever see those wazzocks who've been advertising the stuff on TV recently, I will beat to them death with my keyboard which I carry around with me all the time. :p

Soldato
McDonalds has their coke syrup delivered in stainless steel containers and not bag in box. They'll also probably mix it with chilled carbonated water rather than letting the ice do the work. Temperature has a big effect on carbonation levels, as does the surface area of solid to which the carbonated drink is exposed. McDonalds will have worked that out to the nth degree.

Soldato
I had some pepsi max from a pizza hut which tasted amazing, way better than it normally does.

It does come in a syrup form and is mixed with carbonated water at the bar. So I guess some places just water it down to make more profit from it, some places to the point where you might as well just drink water.

Soldato
Is it actually the real coca-cola?

I used to visit a lot of pubs and I think most of them used a generic mix, as some pubs used to hardly put much water in so it was very strong. Couple of times I sent it back for more water.

Soldato
Is it actually the real coca-cola?

I used to visit a lot of pubs and I think most of them used a generic mix, as some pubs used to hardly put much water in so it was very strong. Couple of times I sent it back for more water.

It's real, it's just syrup mixed with carbonated water at the gun. They are rarely maintained unless they stop working altogether so the mix is usually off, and even when set up right it's never the same as Coke from a glass bottle or aluminium can

Permabanned
its a cyrup in a bag, the water and Co2 is added by the retailer some may under carbonate it. i dont think the delivery system helps it can be 40+ft of tubing from keg to glass
also you dont want to bloat your customers they will buy less

Soldato
I had some pepsi max from a pizza hut which tasted amazing, way better than it normally does.

It does come in a syrup form and is mixed with carbonated water at the bar. So I guess some places just water it down to make more profit from it, some places to the point where you might as well just drink water.

Pizza Hut near us sells bottles if you get it from the "bar" but the meal deals including limitless self fill are from the mixer tap.

I pay the extra to have a bottle because the mix tastes terrible.

Man of Honour
You pair need taking out the back and shot with a ball of your own dung. Pepsi is only marginally > being dropped in vat of acid!

if i was a Don id ban you, but as im not then you'l have to make do with a SS ban... no more gold panties for you me laddo! :p
btw im surprised no one has put that pic up as a photoshop request yet lol :D

Soldato
Who the hell goes to a pub and drinks such stuff anyway? They are licensed to sell alcoholic beverages so utilise their licence and enjoy.

You didn't read all the posts ?? Here, I highlighted the reason as to why they drinking Coca-Cola at the pub. After all, it is bad practice to drink alcoholic beverage if you be driving, mkay ? :p

Coca-cola is her go to drink when driving and she usually drives so this is becoming a wide spread problem for her.
McDonald's does it perfect all the time, I just find it strange how some of the best pubs in England know how to prepare and handle beer but Coca-Cola is a complete fail.

Edit: Drat, beaten by @Thekwango :p

Back
Top Bottom