War game recommend

Associate
The Battlefield is my favorite one. But there are different parts of this game so if you want to play in World War 2 choose early editions of this game.

Last edited:
Associate
Two recommendations if you like realistic FPS games:

Day of Infamy. Even for the single player, practice matches against AI are great fun! Extremely atmospheric and hard (no gunsight) you have to use the weapons sights or guess! Seeing the AI use a flamethrower when attacking a dug out :eek: I wish I had realised months ago as I have been hankering for a Day of Defeat replacement for ages. Only been playing recently and the memorable moments, dodging/hiding behind trees as bullets whip around or hit the tree stump. Witnessing a grenade land by but not go off, all heart stopping moments. Yet to try online as I am enjoying playing offline mode currently although going by feedback, it sadly suffers from quiet servers.

Arma 2 has mods for WW2. If you like realism, it is superb single player. Multiplayer is a mixed bag; co-op with a mate is awesome and one of the best gaming experiences. You can use the Mission Editor to build your own battlefield - the only limiting factor is your imagination. The AI has its moments but to be honest given the scope of the sim, I think this is part of the fun!

Associate
Post Scriptum, +1, great ww2 game if you are not the run and gun type. Also have a look at Heroes and Generals for a free to play ww2 fps. War thunder is another one

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Single player RPG for WW2?

Men of War: Assault Squad 2. Currently ~£4 on Steam and is fantastic. A lot of micromanaging if that's your thing, but no need to be that on top of things in single player. Plenty of single planpl missions to get through and then there's always the Steam Workshop for more content.

Company of Heroes 2 is also a great game, but the single player lacks a bit or content, multiplayer / comp stomping is where it excels!

Back
Top Bottom