DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
yeah the dell gsync version reviews really well so i can only imagine the freesync one will be similar am actually sitting here with the dell in my basket hesitating to pull the trigger lol.

Man of Honour
Have to say so far I've never regretted buying a Dell monitor - can't say the same for some other brands.

Associate
Yup can't wait for your thoughts. Missed the OcUk Acer XF270HUA offer around Black Friday. Been looking at other options but finding a 27'' 1440p FreeSync monitor without a curve has been harder then I could have imagined. Tempted by the Acer
Nitro VG270UP and LG 32GK650F-B but neither of these seem to be available in Europe.

That just left the decision between Iiyama G-Master GB2760QSU-B1, AOC AGON AG271QX and the Dell S2719DGF. The Iiyama is the cheapest but the image is really washed out. The AOC has the best Freesync range but is the most expensive. Then there is the Dell. Which has the best colours, an 155Hz overclock feature using Display Port. Hmmm choices. The Dell seems to of had a price cut too. Just a shame the delivery date is so far off. Might be worth the wait....

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
wow! why didnt i go 1440p sooner :eek: panel is pristine, colours are very, very nice just having to mess around with contrast and brightness a bit but first impressions are am super happy and impressed. even this very text on the screen is a lot better looking(clearer). the osd for the menu is one of the best i've used too. 40-144hz is the freesync range just in case anyone doesn't know that.

Associate
Promising first impressions. What are you changing with the brightness? Is it too dark or is it one of these burn-your-eyeballs type of TN panels that you have to put the brightness down to below 10?

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
Promising first impressions. What are you changing with the brightness? Is it too dark or is it one of these burn-your-eyeballs type of TN panels that you have to put the brightness down to below 10?

yeah brightness is a bit too high for my liking so toned it down a bit to 60 everyone is different though.

Associate
60 sounds reasonable. I've used monitors with TN panels in the past were even on the lowest settings I've had to lower the brightness in the graphics drivers too!

I think monitors always come set to bright for normal usage out-of-the-box. Guess they are wanting to make an impression in any lighting situation if the monitors gets used on a display

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
yeah i think it could probably go down to 50 ish too gonna be a bit trial and error to get it how i want it but overall its a very good monitor.

Associate
Does dell do an IPS equivalent. I still have an ultra clear 24” not quite 1080p IPS s-uva panels and it’s been a fab monitor. Must be coming up on 8 years now and still going strong but need to upgrade to 1440p

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
Does dell do an IPS equivalent. I still have an ultra clear 24” not quite 1080p IPS s-uva panels and it’s been a fab monitor. Must be coming up on 8 years now and still going strong but need to upgrade to 1440p

i don't think there is, well not at 144hz that i know of but could be mistaken.

Caporegime
How are you finding the monitor @ree ?

My trusty 8 year old PCBank 2700 died last night, which was rather sad. So ordered a S2719DGF today which will arrive at some point tomorrow.

Really looking forward to the jump to 144hz & Freesync support mainly. It'll be interesting for me to see how much of a difference there is between an 8 year old IPS panel and this TN. I've always read Dell make solid panels, so hopefully this one is one too.

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
How are you finding the monitor @ree ?

My trusty 8 year old PCBank 2700 died last night, which was rather sad. So ordered a S2719DGF today which will arrive at some point tomorrow.

Really looking forward to the jump to 144hz & Freesync support mainly. It'll be interesting for me to see how much of a difference there is between an 8 year old IPS panel and this TN. I've always read Dell make solid panels, so hopefully this one is one too.

very happy with it :) the jump to 1440p was a definite eye opener for how much better everything looks now. i went from a tn to another tn so i cannot comment on how it will compare to your old ips but for me its pretty good once you tinker a bit with it and get it looking how you want it. nice plus side about freesync too if you've got an nvidia card. hope your as happy with yours as iam with mine bud. let us know how you get on.

Associate
Mine arrived yesterday. Stunning design with the infinity edge around the screen and a really flexible stand.

Freesync works perfectly along with my Sapphire Pulse RX VEGA 56 from OcUK. Planetside 2 is far more enjoyable now as the game suffers from wildly varying frame rates depending how many hundreds of people are in the battle.

There is no noticeable input delay or ghosting.

I've not played with all the monitor settings. Monitor is too bright at Defaults. Doesn't wash out the picture like other bright TN panels I've used. Colours/ Contrast and viewing angles are also very impressive. Comparing it against a Dell S2419H IPS monitor the colours become even more impressive for a TN panel. Not sure what the coating on the screen is exactly but its not a glossy coating, very good against reflections without destroying the colours.

There is the smallest amount of backlight bleed but it is barely something you can see except in complete darkness. No dead pixels or any defects at all. Very impressed with the build quality too. Looks and feels very robust.

The menu has a lot of options. The different colours presents seem to work really quite nicely. Using the Comfort View low blue light present now typing this message and its got a nice warm tint to the screen but you can still clearly make out the colours.

Some nice gaming orientated options like a FPS counter. No on screen crosshair which might of been useful.

Lots of connectivity options for USB, speakers, headphones etc.

Rtings (https://twitter.com/rtingsdotcom/status/1088088237938278401) and Pcmonitors (https://pcmonitors.info/dell/dell-s2419hgf-and-s2719dgf-144hz-and-155hz-tn-models/) have both got the monitor to review too. Might be helpful with colour profiles and tips on the best settings.

Overall delighted with it so far :)

Back
Top Bottom