What watch do you wear?

Associate
I love Grand Seiko. You could stare at the level of detail and finishing for hours. If GS improved their bracelets that would be fixing the only weak link. Everything else is spot on. They're very conservative with their accuracy; a friend's GS spring drive diver was running at +2 seconds after 6 months.

I take it thats worn every day? ie its out +2 after one wind?

I checked my North Flag against the website I set it from https://time.is/ and it is -1 after 24 hours. Will check it again 2moz but assume it will be -2 or does it not always work like that?

This is my first automatic, I have also ordered a Seiko5 but that on its way from Singapore that will be my beater watch on a nato was only £52!

Last edited:
Associate
I know some on here regard Farer as overpriced (I have a Hopewell) but I do think their new Chronographs are nice:

https://farer.com/products/segrave

I was lucky enough to be given one of their new chronographs (Cobb) from Christmas and it really is very nice. The quality is there when compared to others in its category (longines, oris etc) however I think they have these brands beaten on dial design. It's a wonderful piece to look at. The only negative for me is the lume is quite weak.

My photo here doesn't really do it justice at all.

cJKCa2bl.jpg

Soldato
Can anyone recommend where to buy a replacement watch strap with deployment clasp online?

I visited a few jewellers in town but they were all citing ordering in a manufacturer specific strap, taking around 4-6 weeks.

The watch in question is a Rotary GS02941/03, I'm looking for something quite adjustable as the standard strap is either too tight or too loose with with it rolling away and sitting awkwardly on my wrist or digging in to the back of my hand.

Having measured at where it joins the case I'm certain this is a 22mm strap.

Thanks.

Man of Honour
LCuuYrj.jpg

May as well join the club, as I'm yet to post in this thread with an actual watch to share. It's rose gold but doesn't show very well in the picture. I love how the gun metal case contrasts the rose metal ring. Really pleased with it :)

Associate
I bought it for my son, after wearing it for a couple of hours I'm not sure I want to give it to him anymore.

Haha what a dilemma, maybe you'll have to get an additional one for yourself....although there are rumours some additional colour variations may be announced this year, probably at Baselworld.

It truly has a proper premium build & feel to it.

100% agree, it's a quality watch.

dod

dod

Soldato
Also looking for recommendations for a good quality leather strap, ideally deployment. First call was Toshi but not seeing anything that fits the bill

Permabanned
I'm sorry, it really wasn't my intention. I just really have a thing about people still wearing them and then claiming it's the best way for them to tell the time... Its like insisting that walking out into the garden to check the sun dial is superior when the cooker clearly states the time in the kitchen...

I'm sorry, I may have got a little carried away today.... Not the first time and won't be the last I'm sure. ;)

I had that... no point wearing a watch when my phone tells the time just fine.

Then I found one I liked...

Very very very nice! You just trumped this threads last 200 pages!!!

Do you wear a watch by any chance?....
IWC

Looking at something new

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom