Business Broadband

Soldato
Define business... I used Plusnet Business and paid the couple of quid extra for improved SLA on faults, it still worked out cheaper than BT like for like.

Caporegime
How many employees? 20Mbps up might become limiting very quickly, so it’s worth looking at leased lines. 100Mbps can be had for a very reasonable price now.

Not to mention the actually-existing SLA which I imagine is vital if all your applications live offsite.

Soldato
Zen here too.

Whenever we have had an issue i've been able to speak to somebody who could actually help and if they had to escalate it to BT then they pursue an call you to check whats going on.

Soldato
Andrew & Arnold's seems like it works on quota of data so could work our expensive that way.

Any business orientated ISP reselling BT products + Enhanced Care option is a 24hr working fix as opposed to the standard 40 working hours, it’ll cost £8.50-12 a month depending on who you use. This is basically the default option combined with 4G failover for a business that doesn’t require 100% connectivity as a mission critical service but needs connectivity in order to function.

A&A are quite honest, they have quotas built in because of the way they operate with a non BT back-haul, they need to not loose money in order to continue and as such heavy users are actively discouraged from joining.

Soldato
Switched from Plusnet to TalkTalk Business a few weeks ago on a special Black Friday offer after reading some good reviews from people as it is a very different service from the retail arm. The likes of A&A, idnet, Pulse8 & Uno use TTB for some of there services.

So far I am very happy, my upload speeds have increased by 2-3 Mbps and upload has doubled, seeing less errors and better latency. Not yet had to use support but understand its good and UK based.
I chose the Complete with Fibre package which has Unlimited UK landline and mobile calls and several call features included. I was a little worries by the 24 month contract but they will let you leave penalty free under the OFCOM Business Broadband Code of Practice if they cannot resolve any issue within 28 days, even if you are in mid-contract.

Back
Top Bottom