Feminism spin-off.

Man of Honour
I’ve never thought of myself as a feminist, but I’ve always believed that women could do just as good a job as a man in virtually everything, although I have reservations about jobs like mining, or humping a huge hod-load of bricks up a ladder, on a construction site.
I have a whole slew of women friends in the U.S., predominantly in New York City, who do great stuff as attorneys, psychiatrists, and psychologists, and one, the star turn, is a judge.
When my wife and I decided to get married, for various reasons, it made sense to have the ceremony in Florida.
I emailed one of my psychologist friend’s husband, an airline mechanic, and asked him to be my best man, saying I’d pick him up at Tampa International, and he and his wife and little boy could stay in our vacation rental.
His wife replied, she said, “You’ve known me since we met in Athens, Greece, in 1978, you only met John, (her husband), when you came to our wedding on Long Island, in 1992, what am I, chopped liver? If anyone is going to be your goddamned best man, it’ll be me!, after all, you were there when I graduated in Toulouse, and threw my mortar board in the air.”
I thought about all the times and places we’d been together, all 1000% purely platonic, Athens, New York, Paris, London, Toulouse, where she was at school, Marseille, St Paul, MN, Beirut, Lebanon, a wedding we’d attended in La Flèche, Sarthe, France, and thought “Right, a female best man it’ll be.”
I put it to my intended, she said, “Damn right, you’ll never find a better candidate, grab her with both hands.”
It materialised that the wedding was conducted by the County Clerk, so a best man was out, so my friend became something like a chief witness, but at least she got a mention in the Hernando County marriage register.

Permabanned
I’ve never thought of myself as a feminist, but I’ve always believed that women could do just as good a job as a man in virtually everything, although I have reservations about jobs like mining, or humping a huge hod-load of bricks up a ladder, on a construction site.
I have a whole slew of women friends in the U.S., predominantly in New York City, who do great stuff as attorneys, psychiatrists, and psychologists, and one, the star turn, is a judge.
When my wife and I decided to get married, for various reasons, it made sense to have the ceremony in Florida.
I emailed one of my psychologist friend’s husband, an airline mechanic, and asked him to be my best man, saying I’d pick him up at Tampa International, and he and his wife and little boy could stay in our vacation rental.
His wife replied, she said, “You’ve known me since we met in Athens, Greece, in 1978, you only met John, (her husband), when you came to our wedding on Long Island, in 1992, what am I, chopped liver? If anyone is going to be your goddamned best man, it’ll be me!, after all, you were there when I graduated in Toulouse, and threw my mortar board in the air.”
I thought about all the times and places we’d been together, all 1000% purely platonic, Athens, New York, Paris, London, Toulouse, where she was at school, Marseille, St Paul, MN, Beirut, Lebanon, a wedding we’d attended in La Flèche, Sarthe, France, and thought “Right, a female best man it’ll be.”
I put it to my intended, she said, “Damn right, you’ll never find a better candidate, grab her with both hands.”
It materialised that the wedding was conducted by the County Clerk, so a best man was out, so my friend became something like a chief witness, but at least she got a mention in the Hernando County marriage register.

wow, the "I'm so feminist even my best man was a woman"

How things have deteriorated in such a short space of time lord only knows. I think the political class and media have a lot to answer for regarding the brainwashing of society.

Soldato
I’ve always believed that women could do just as good a job as a man in virtually everything, although I have reservations about jobs like mining, or humping a huge hod-load of bricks up a ladder, on a construction site.

I'm not so sure the shortfall is purely physical. Why are women crap at darts and snooker and similar non-physical activities?

Caporegime
My sister's wife is a very new breed feminist (Nazi). She sees everything through a lense of power and social interaction as power situations. She sees Racism everywhere too. We have awesome discussions for hours.

I'm like everyone else here. Pro equality, equality with opportunity. I'd say I'm an old feminist as above.

She is of the mindset where woman should have full control of society almost as an act of revenge for how it's turned out now. It is purely about power in her mind. 95% of what she thinks I find ludicrous, she has changed my opinion on the odd topic.

It's hard for me that call myself liberally minded, very happy for equality, living in Sweden, to even deal with some of the extreme views and lenses she has on the world.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm not so sure the shortfall is purely physical. Why are women crap at darts and snooker and similar non-physical activities?

Well, I offer you a combination of (a) the number of women who play darts and snooker is far, far smaller than the number of men who play them. And (b), your perception is in no way backed up by anything resembling evidence.

Soldato
OP

As an average? No, women are less capable at physical strength jobs (though statistically women do have a higher pain threshold). But the point of equal opportunity is not that there should be equal outcomes (that's the Left's dogma), but that when a woman is stronger than a man or otherwise capable of doing the job, they're not excluded from doing so because of their sex. Sexism isn't saying women are typically less strong than men. Sexism is saying you'll be assessed on your sex rather than your personal capability.

And that we have largely achieved. And it's that which modern feminism is largely departing from as it's become a Leftist / Progressive dogma focused on equality of outcome, rather than equality of opportunity.

Soldato
Well, I offer you a combination of (a) the number of women who play darts and snooker is far, far smaller than the number of men who play them. And (b), your perception is in no way backed up by anything resembling evidence.

The numbers are smaller because they're useless at it therefore don't progress to a competitive level. And if you're calling for evidence of that, then you're simply refusing to acknowledge an undeniable fact by resorting to pedantry.

Why is there a separate chess championship for women; what's so physical about chess that it separates the gender? Women can compete in the men's championship, yet men aren't permitted to compete in the women's event.

Man of Honour
Why is there a separate chess championship for women; what's so physical about chess that it separates the gender? Women can compete in the men's championship, yet men aren't permitted to compete in the women's event.

Migraines, apparently only women get them so feel their pain.

( and cellulite and fat bums, but that is sexist )

Soldato
My sister's wife is a very new breed feminist (Nazi). She sees everything through a lense of power and social interaction as power situations. She sees Racism everywhere too. We have awesome discussions for hours.

I'm like everyone else here. Pro equality, equality with opportunity. I'd say I'm an old feminist as above.

She is of the mindset where woman should have full control of society almost as an act of revenge for how it's turned out now. It is purely about power in her mind. 95% of what she thinks I find ludicrous, she has changed my opinion on the odd topic.

It's hard for me that call myself liberally minded, very happy for equality, living in Sweden, to even deal with some of the extreme views and lenses she has on the world.

Turbo Sweden - strong first line - 5/5 Magnolias! I'm too in the proximity of such woke ladies, so can summarise 95% of your sister's wife's lens without hours of Twitter battles.

*If you aren't in politics for power, you're doing it wrong
*Don't get angry; get even
*Second wave is a bust
*Equality of opportunity is a white, middle-class canard
*Humans are trash and oppress each other systematically for power

You haven't mentioned her work, but as a wild GD leap, I'll assume she's: a) not an academic; b) picked up her identity, politics and philosophy online (Wikipedia tells me this is in fact 4th Wave Feminism).

Have I unleashed sufficient worms?

Soldato
But not 'real' womens migraines though .

Or are you trying to patronise womens suffering.

Same as shaving really, and driving JCBs and the moon landings and stuffs

Shaving is a good one... Have you tried taking anything off with femme razors? They're pathetic... and often encased in pink!

I hereby submit that the mad men who originally sold them to the target demographic are the true cause of the gender wars.

Soldato
It's all marketing my friend, don't fall for it.

I once stuffed 6 panty liners down my boxer shorts, was i better at mountain climbing, was i ***

Look into my wide, beautiful funnel. No. This is not a sales call. I'm just going to tell you a story.

Incidentally, spite buying is now a thing thanks to the stories marketers tell and Twitter storms that ensue!

Ofcom - you had one job. :(

Caporegime
The problem with feminism, like with a lot of other 'virtuous causes' is it's been weaponised by the left for ideological/political reasons, it's hard to argue against policies that pull on the heart strings even if those policies have damaging consequences without looking like a Nazi. Especially when the left can censor those damaging consequences via corporations banning people from social media, hate speech nonsense which is totally subjective, political correctness paralysing police/politicians etc.

To see how good the left are at propaganda just look at how the "Russia collusion investigation" in the US has slowly morphed into the "Mueller probe" with people being prosecuted for petty crimes 10 years ago because it was all just a scam for political ends in the first place.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Can I please check I am understanding this: we have an almost exclusively male forum discussing the nature of Femanism, and they are convinced that they know this better than women? Does the expression "Mansplaining" have any resonance? What about old-fashioned irony?

Can I please check I am understanding this: we have an almost exclusively black forum discussing the nature of whistism, and they are convinced that they know this better than whites? Does the expression "Blacksplaining" have any resonance? What about old-fashioned irony?

Do you see what's wrong now? Same thoughts, same words, different target group - if you're not irrationally prejudiced you should treat both versions the same because they are the same.

Back
Top Bottom