OCUK founder Spie passes away

Associate
Spie's passing is indeed a sombre moment for reflection, and is a stark reminder that whilst business and money go hand in hand, it can unfortunately lead to mental and physical stress on the human body.

I respect Spie as a business person who started from humble beginnings, but I did't always agree with his swing towards centre right politics as a twitter follower of Geert Wilders for example, or his many posts advocating alternative sex, and just simply being indifferent in condemning early warning terrorism plots on the forum towards minority religious groups.

On a slightly different note, is there likely to be a not for profit biography in the style of 'Jobs', and is there a public autopsy/toxicology report available, as the circumstances of death were not made clear?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
On a slightly different note, is there likely to be a not for profit biography in the style of 'Jobs', and is there a public autopsy/toxicology report available, as the circumstances of death were not made clear?

I believe it was reported as a heart attack.

Associate
Spie's passing is indeed a sombre moment for reflection, and is a stark reminder that whilst business and money go hand in hand, it can unfortunately lead to mental and physical stress on the human body.

I respect Spie as a business person who started from humble beginnings, but I did't always agree with his swing towards centre right politics as a twitter follower of Geert Wilders for example, or his many posts advocating alternative sex, and just simply being indifferent in condemning early warning terrorism plots on the forum towards minority religious groups.

Doesn't matter what you lean towards, I'm a strong believer that when your tickets up, it's up.. religion aside, you work hard to make something with your life you will be rewarded wherever .. Good luck

Man of Honour
Mark is in my thoughts today.

Although I never had the pleasure of meeting him and I wouldn't be being honest if I said we always saw eye to eye, it is clear to me that all who were close to him knew he was a good man. A wise man once said "Time erodes gratitude more quickly than it does beauty", however, as I make this virtual toast to absent friends I remember how he was - in both name and spirit - the father of this place, and for that I shall remain truly grateful.

To absent friends.

Permabanned
It is with a broken heart I have to bear this awful news.

My father, the founder of OcUK and these great forums, passed away yesterday afternoon.

Some may know him as Mark, others Spie and others as boss at some point.

The news comes as a great shock as he leaves behind my step-mother, myself, my brother and baby sister.

He was a great man, who had strong beliefs, opinions and ideas. He did not let anyone get in his way of achieving his potential. This company was founded on his hard work and determination, as continues on today with those same principles.

He was a man who I held in high regard and looked up to him as a hero, as only a son could.

At this time, please share your good thoughts and memories.

I love you dad x
So sorry to hear this, how old was Spie when he passed away? What was the cause if you dont mind me asking

Permabanned
Thank you.

No previous conditions, just sudden.
Sorry to hear Nath, just trying to understand the cause whether health related or otherwise. Trying to learn from these horrible things that happen to our loved ones.
Its funny because you can be a big guy with a poor diet and live a long healthy life or you can be a thin guy with a good diet and you can pass away from natural causes.
Nobody really knows, i know that a lot of stress can have severe adverse affects on your body too, some people can ride it out and some cannot, everyone is different.

There could have been heart issues from your dads parents, like hereditary, always worth checking as could help yourself and other family members later on down the road. I never knew my biological dad, however the biological genes regarding health i think can be very important for family in the future.

Associate
I have only now learned of this; am shocked TBH.

I've been a member of the forums since 1999/2000 something like that and met Mark in person when I made the drive from Wiltshire to OCUK HQ to have my GlobalWin 802 modded with 4 Delta screamers! Mark left after it was done, and went zooming off into the distance on a flashy motorbike :)

Later, in early 2004 I was travelling around NZ trying to 'find myself' and come to terms with the end of my first marriage. I was stuck in Auckland, didn't know a soul and was having a major wobble. I made a post about the mental struggles and Mark posted a really kind and super supportive response that made me feel that I wasn't really alone. It helped, as did all the support from other forum members, but it was really nice of him to take time out to offer kindness to someone else.

I offer my condolences to the family, and hope you're all well. Your Dad was a true Gentleman.

Soldato
Sorry to hear Nath, just trying to understand the cause whether health related or otherwise. Trying to learn from these horrible things that happen to our loved ones.
Its funny because you can be a big guy with a poor diet and live a long healthy life or you can be a thin guy with a good diet and you can pass away from natural causes.
Nobody really knows, i know that a lot of stress can have severe adverse affects on your body too, some people can ride it out and some cannot, everyone is different.

There could have been heart issues from your dads parents, like hereditary, always worth checking as could help yourself and other family members later on down the road. I never knew my biological dad, however the biological genes regarding health i think can be very important for family in the future.

While at uni I was in couples accommodation with my wife (fiance at the time) the other couples were mostly young Americans all early mid 20s for the most part.

One neighbors husband was fit and active, went back to America and never came back, he collapsed and died instantly from an aneurism.

Life just seems to want to be **** some times.

Back
Top Bottom