Sony Playstation Demo 1 Appreciation Thread

Associate
Same as most have said.

Only really used to get new games at birthday and xmas and maybe a couple of cheap finds along the way. Demos used to get played to death, good times.

Gio

Gio

Associate
I remember a demo I played over and over on PS1, which I thought came with the console but don’t see it listed, but I can’t remember the name.

You flew a futuristic helicopter thing on a fairly small 3D map. I think you had the standard missile, rockets and cannon.
There was a pyramid in the middle that you could only access in a certain way.
Every time I think I see the name, and look it up, it’s always been wrong.

Any ideas?
This has been driving me nuts for years

Gio

Gio

Associate
Just watched a YouTube video on demo discs, stuck in a Google search and this is what came up.
Didn’t realise it was 5 years Dead when I posted

Man of Honour
I remember a demo I played over and over on PS1, which I thought came with the console but don’t see it listed, but I can’t remember the name.

You flew a futuristic helicopter thing on a fairly small 3D map. I think you had the standard missile, rockets and cannon.

Any ideas?

It didn't happen to involve some sort of alien insect swarm enemies did it? I have a similar memory of a game from a demo and it was about halting an infestation, I believe it had 2000 in the name or something like that... :o

Soldato

Any ideas?

G-Police?

Man of Honour
That very much rings a bell, yeah
I’m sure there was a 2000 in the name.

It's been on my mind on and off for years!

OK so it turns out what I'm thinking of was incredibly easy to find via Google, V2000. I'm sure I've searched for it many times in the past but never managed to find it. Is this yours?

Gio

Gio

Associate
Looking at V2000, I can see why you thought that’s what I meant.

I remember Warhawk being on Demo 1, a disc that came with the PSOne

Associate
Oh wow i remember that Demo Disc, Power Soccer! Same as others have said Demo Discs were amazing as i only really used to get games for Birthdays and Xmas and maybe the odd treat. You really dont appreciate games as much when you have a steam library full of games youve never played or played a hour on and can buy any console game you want whenever you want.

Soldato
Oh god I spent ages on the demo. Used to save my pocket money to buy Official PS mag too as they always had demo discs. Does anyone remember the net yaroze games? Basically indie games that people made, my friend as I used to spend ages playing one called Gravitation which was a little space ship dog fighting type game.

2LU28BN

Caporegime
There was a PS2 demo disc that had a game where you raced on a road, but in different sports. Roller blading, skateboard etc. Can anyone rememeber this? It's bugged me for ages and I can never find it on google. :/

Soldato
There was a PS2 demo disc that had a game where you raced on a road, but in different sports. Roller blading, skateboard etc. Can anyone rememeber this? It's bugged me for ages and I can never find it on google. :/
Wasn’t espn xtreme games was it ? I had that for ps1.

Edit. It has cycle bikes as well iirc.

Soldato
I played all star tennis 99 to death love that demo don't rember i ever brought the game... I remeber going to costcutters and being so excited to check out the offical playstation magazine.

Gio

Gio

Associate
Totally agree with how you don’t appreciate games. Now, with a wage under my belt, l dl a game that I would normally have checked out on demo, play it once and delete it. I must have thousands of pounds of wasted games in my PS4 library because of this.

I recently got one of those retro pi consoles. I didn’t take the full top of the range ones, but there are a few PSOne games there and it’s amazing to see how much things have changed.

I remember getting the PSOne and spending as much time on T-Rex and Manta (what was that music about) as I did on full games.

It feels like a lifetime ago but it also feels like just a couple of years ago at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom